56: A seal of fate 2

Mira's POV

It's been a few days since I came back. People are coming from all over to wish me well. In fact, Marmie had to isolate me from well wishers because I am getting too stressed out from their good intentions.

Momsie proposed a solution almost too cheerfully.

"I will take better care of her at my house!" She declares. No one wants me to go. It's obvious from Baba's frown when Marmie told him and even Major who couldn't stop complaining that Momsie is always taking me away. So Momsie offered for him to follow us and of course he refused.

"I can't leave Marmie all alone" was his reason. I can see that even Momsie approved.

Marmie asked Hoor to stay with her but Hoor is afraid to stay somewhere without my protection.

"If he finds me Mira, I trust that you can make good my escape" she reasoned.

So I told Marmie that Hoor wanted to come with us. We all felt a little bad when we were leaving. But just a little!

We soon began to converse excitedly with Momsie and even Hoor seems to find her more approachable. Though there are times she is so painfully silent. It's like Momsie intimidates her too at times.

So the boys stayed at Marmie's place and we girls went over to Momsie's house.

Baba Murtala welcomed me with big smiles and he even bought me a new laptop which he set up in my room.

"Come and see my gift Mira!" He told me afterwards.

We went to my room which they have redecorated with bright colors and girly stuff like flowers and flashy things from my bejeweled wardrobe to my glittering perfume confectionary.

Where my orange themed chest of drawers used to exist is a working station now. It holds up a super new laptop and a few gadgets thrown around the wooden desk in a way that makes them all look kinda grand rather than for practical uses.

My mouth drops open in shock when I spied the entire deal with the gadgets.

Seriously, all of them has to be bought off the black market somehow.

I turn to look at Momsie who smiles sheepishly and Baba Murtala who is grinning excitedly. They all have one thing in common at that moment.

They seem to be anticipating my excited yelp.

I squealed in delight, maybe just a little more for effect and sauntered towards the area.

I quickly began to look at them trying to test them all and see if they work.

I can't stop smiling at the possibilities grow by the minute.

One day, I'll sell my own gadget too, I suddenly thought to myself.

Hacking, had been a favorite pastime for me. But it had helped me a lot in recent years. Right now, I feel as if I am ready to pick up a goal for my hacking career. Yes. I am ready to be a fully proud white hat hacker.

"We tried to set them up but we can't seem to understand anything. So we just left it all there" Baba Murtala is saying.

My grin widens as I stare at him. "They are not supposed to be used at the same time though. They are not a mouse and a CPU you know" I explained.