Epilogue

Hoor's POV

My body is shaking bad. I am feeling so cold...

I prayed yet again for death. Please carry me...

Take me away and let me float away into nothingness...

It's a prayer that has never been answered but I didn't stop. Without hope, I will lose myself in despair...

Finally, she comes inside. This girl who looks like me...

As I stared at her, shivering in the cold, wondering what I have ever done to her...

She pulls me out of my glass cage and smiles warmly down at me.

"I will fake your death Twinnie. And I shall save you. You will have my memories and you will feel my pain. Become me. Make a life of your own. Promise me you will stay away from the Alero and the Gaddos, and the magnates. Promise me you will earn a life of your own" she pleads, tightening her hands around me.

I just stared at her. My eyes lands on the man behind her.

A flash of memory tells me it's Hamid Sarki but I have never met him and no one has ever said his name to me.

I look at my twin and realized it is her memories I have and it's her feelings rushing inside me...

Of warmth and longing...

The girl holds my face in her palms and tears wells in her eye and fell freely. "Trust him. Only him Hoor. Just him" she pleads.

Putting something in my hands, she drags me to him and says "go"

When he places his hands in mine, he smiles at me with total devotion and whispers for my ears alone "I shall protect you with my life Hoor" he promised.

Somehow, I intend to believe those words...

Uzair's POV

"They call us fanatics. But they have no idea that we are the bane of their existence..." She laughs girlishly.

She limps towards me and for the first time opens the hood of her gown.

I stepped back in fear when I saw her face.

"You are..." I stammered.

She smiles, limping yet again towards me before she stops in front of me. She opens her hands towards the rocky walls inside the cave and states gravelly. "Names Uzair. Take a pic of your first victim" she smiles prettily.

I look at the wall and saw the names. Zain King, Marwan, Saad Bono, junior Dakarai...

I did not hesitate. "The eldest Dakarai" I pointed out.

She laughs freely. "Good choice. Stingy, selfish, self absorbed...he has made enemies of everyone and will be an easy target" she approves.

I smiled a little, wondering how she faked her own death in front of Laziz North.

"You know, Hoor has been distracting me. But now, I know who I am and I am ready to take my place in the world. I saw your face in my dreams. You are gonna help me get the master key for I have seen the death of the Alero but I haven't seen his killer. For all we know, it could be me" she laughs.

"Yes. Yes I agree" I nod wholeheartedly.

She smiles. "You had given a lot of keys to young children once thinking you were sacrificing them to hunt billionaire's right?" She asks.

I remember being in Kano and giving out money notes and sweet to children by the street. Ones who collect sweets are trapped. The ones who collect money notes will end up busying some of those cursed sweets and hey are trapped too. It gives a difference in the ages of the trapped...

"Good. You and I need to make alot of sacrifices. But if there is anything I have learnt, it is that if you leave a trail of blood behind, you are bound to get stuck too early. We need to remain hidden. And so we will call the spirits of the keys you have distributed and raise a fanatical cult. What's more, we shall make all the rules" She smiles with satisfaction.

My smile widens as I answered with "splendid!"

We both grinned as she puts a single spike through the heart of a mud made human standing in the middle of the room.

"Put your hands through this statue's heart where I have placed the spike and remove the key inside of it" she orders before removing the spike.

I did. And miraculously, I removed the key from inside it and there is even hints of blood.

She smiles. "Give it some time, they will materialize before us but remember, we were fed lies and we need to use those lies to get ahead"

I don't know what the hell she is talking about but if I get get what I always wanted, I'll be standing with the likes of Zain King.

Damn if I will not sacrifice the world for such a standing!

Zain's POV

A war is coming.

Not a war with guns or swords as is customary. A war for power and a shift in position...

They wanna topple some of us and replace us with some. And I always knew that they will try to replace king co. With North alliance for we are greatly far ahead. And north alliance is much more useful to them than king Co because of me.

To delay their plans further, I need to find a way to destroy the experiments. The setback will make certain their plans get delayed long enough for me to find out what I can actually do to protect my family.

So a name comes to mind.

Jimoh.

I have never met a selfish bastard bigger than Jimoh. All I need to do is create a problem for him which he needs to solve by taking back some of his abandoned properties.

Machinations feel like hypocrisy. But in this world, I believe, everyone needs to survive.

A/N

Here we are. I thought of writing the epilogue differently but I stopped myself for one reason.

I feel you guys need a glimpse of what the general idea of writing the series is.

I'll post an author's note to explain some things. If you have questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Bye for now.