47: Bedeviling solution 1

Third person POV

She is watching it as if it were a video being played on tv. But it's simply showing inside a calabash.

She is dressed to kill. And she is just wearing black. The dress is so simple that one needs to ponder over it's extreme stylishness despite there being nothing to show it off.

At a glance, it looks like a woman's dream magnified. At closer look though, it has a boring square neckline that still gives off an interesting appeal over the light brown skin underneath. The sleeves are long and totally straight in that tight fitting fashion only stretchy fabrics seems to be capable of. And it's long enough to cover some of her ankle, giving room for the eyes only the peeking toes.

But then one has to think, ordinarily, it should be fine. But nothing extra ordinary. But clothes are weird. On some poeple, too much will be too much really and looking like you tried seems like too much work. Except the knowledge that the natural gifts of flowing womanly curves could fill in every nook and cranny. In fact, they fill the dress up to make it look too flattering...too stunning...too..exaggerated.

The woman staring at the picture yearns for this amount of exquisiteness on her own person. this is why she has always been jealous of her. Black women shouldn't have the guts to be so distinguished! But she idly reflected that some women are just born with everything!

Everything!

Beauty, brains and charm in overflowing doses. No wonder Zain lost his head for her.

The world has once again showed her how cruel it can be. How can she not hate the likes of Mira? It's unfair! So unfair...

She picks the three pebbles resting on the floor right next to the red painted calabash.

It feels as if the weight of every grief she has ever felt is weighing those pebbles down. But in reality, it's just her heart that is tired and everything else feels too heavy.

Yet one must live. If for nothing but for the rewards of the endgame. It's finally here. Her father is dead and there is nothing left for her in Nigeria. This is for the best.

She develops a moment of courage and adds strength to the pebbles on her hand before flinging it to the calabash which suddenly draws on it and drowns it within its light before spitting it out as if regurgitating a swallowed meal.

And the pebbles lands on a couple of pictures taped to the wall with a black tape.

And she looks at the men in those pictures.

Sigh. It's time to bring them all together.

She smiles. She loves her work. A lot. Not many would look favorably on a handicap nobody. But her boss is different. Tatiana is.

And here she is, about to take the world by storm inside a small hospital room.

If only they knew...

Benazir puts back the leg prosthetic and smiles to herself. They will never truly know how she came this far.

Or they will, when it's finally too late.

Soon, she would leave for parts unknown and Momsie would be heartbroken. Zain and Mira...well...

We'll see.