49: Bedeviling solution 3

Zain's POV

"You are distracted" Moha is telling me.

"I am?" I feigned surprise which didn't fool him one bit.

"Is something else wrong with you?" He sounds impatient. And I don't blame him.

But this is the first time I have come to New York after Mira returned and I am not prepared for the anxiousness of wanting to get back as early as possible.

I am supposed to get our house ready and prepare for Mira's arrival next week.

But one week is feeling much like one year and I don't understand this feeling at all.

I couldn't sleep yesterday. I was thinking of her so bad I am officially annoyed with myself.

Calling her made it seem impossible to fall asleep. The video call afterwards did not work either. In fact, she fell asleep trying to make me fall asleep.

And today, I woke up cranky and sleep deprived. I don't understand what is wrong with me. I mean, love is one thing. But the total dependency of my calmness and happiness really should not be tied to one thing. It's not healthy. And it's scaring the hell outta me. Hence, I am very distracted.

"Sort yourself out before next week. I can't waste my time helping you when you are being so moody. I've got better things to do" he warns.

I don't even care really. My own problem is huge. Mira is coming to live with me in America and it will be just the two of us. We would only get closer and I don't know what to do to protect myself.

I need a plan. Too much of anything is poison. Period!

Earlier that week

Mira's POV

I watch him prepare a bag for himself in mute resignation.

Things have been a little strained between us. But it's nothing we have discussed yet. And yesterday, I grew some courage and asked him to make time for us to talk.

And today, he just decided to leave for America.

But that is not all. Eman was here the morning before last. And he asked me if I knew why his brother is going into deals with the Dons. I have not been within his circle long. But I definitely know the Farhan brothers are not what Zain would consider fit for business.

They are crazy rich and runs a successful empire.

But it goes from a string of hotels all over the world to exclusive nightclubs any and everywhere. In one of Zain's files about them, he crossed them out as bad news and I didn't give much thought to it since i am not actually doing business but trying to balance his relationship with other sectors so it doesn't come to ruin.

I wonder though, is Zain going to start the hotel business? Or is there another aspect of their empire not fully disclosed in their files?

I didn't even consider the nightclub because it's so far into the levels of never ever that it just isn't possible.

But then Kashim called me on the phone and he was asking me if Zain went to South Africa within the week. I have no idea and I wondered why he was asking in the first place. Why are they monitoring him?

"One of my friends said they saw him speaking to someone really dangerous and I was kind of worried about him" he explained.

"Why don't you ask him?" I asked.

"Well...he is not quite..er...I am not his favorite person right now" he confessed.

"What did you do?" I can't help but ask.