26: Freak show

Hassa's POV

"What do you mean I have to choose between my life and vengeance?" I ask.

His squinted eyes furrow menacingly. He says "wrong question! Ask about the key! The key! The key I said!" His voice is rising with each uncomfortable utterance until I am not only shivering from fear. But I am currently full blown shaking with grief.

It's only me and him. And he seems so angry and mean. It feels as if he cannot wait to hurt me. It's chilling and all kinds of freaky!

"What is the key?!" I ask in a high pitched voice.

A long silence ensued. All of my fear has quadrupled when he decides to speak.

"It's your charm Hafsatu Farouk Bulama!" He replies coldly.

I wondered what he means by that. Honestly? I come to him because he reeks of evil intentions. I just never thought he might turn it against me. It's supposed to be his job to fulfil demands like mine. Why is it that the tables are turning against me now?

Is this what it means to go to a real boka? There are no guarantees. I have placed my fate in his hands and it feels as if it will backfire on me when I least expect it!

You can't expect a wicked man to have conscience.

"I made you a key that would close his mind . It shall make him exactly how you want him. He will panic in the face of decisions. He will never ever be focused when it comes to anything work related! He shall be a fool at work and a mess at home. He will live a depressing life! But that will only happen on one condition!" He paused dramatically.

I am so afraid he will think I am not answering so I ask "what will it be?"

Please don't let him say I have to give up my life. I can't give up my life...

"No one and nothing can see the key except you and me or the charm will break and you will die. No one can hear of the key except you and me or you will die. This gives you one option!" His voice is so loud that my heart is jumping with feverish intensity.

Oh why can't he just speak normally!

"What is my option?" I ask.

"Once I give you the key, swallow it. When it's inside your stomach, it will never ever dissolve. Your body will not be aware of it. It shall find a place inside your heart and stop your veins from working. To outsiders, you will have a heart attack. To you, you would have chosen your vengeance!" He explains with an ugly smirk that turns my stomach.

That leaves me so cold.

It's not worth it if I'll die. Yet my life is nothing now without my brother. I would soon use up my reserve and I will become a pitiful girl. Will i be a whore to make money now? I have never done business. And I am not a girl who turns anything to profit, I just like to spend.

Yet who will marry me? Will I have to come back here in order to try and coerce a man to be my husband so I can enjoy his money?

I hate my life.

I don't want it anymore. I want to die and follow Ya Farouk. I don't deserve to live after how I have killed him.