42: The clown saga

MOMSIE's POV

So I called Zain's phone and his royal highness will not pick the call. Since they already angered him, he will not speak to anyone now. Tsw! I don't like this bad behavior of his. So if he likes, he can swallow his heart in anger too! Me I will no longer bother.

Deep down, I can't believe the story they have told me earlier. Wai the same Zain I know was slapped by his own nemesis and he didn't do anything? Anything is believable but this!

I am worried sick about him now. So worried in fact, that when I received Marmie's text that Yakumbo and Naina are on their way to pick up Mira, I grew a little pensive about it.

So we exchanged pleasantries and Yakumbo began to tell me politely that they want to take Mira back to Kano state so she can properly set her affairs in order. But Naina isn't that subtle. She tells me that they don't accept Mira's behavior under my roof.

All but shy of insulting me, I decide to give them their daughter before we go to that point where they actually come out and insult me.

"It is okay. I'll help her pack her things and we will bring her over first thing tomorrow morning" I agree.

"Won't she come and greet us?" Yakumbo smiles, to smoothen the tense atmosphere.

"Why will she greet us? She is probably too shy to face us!" Naina cannot help but state.

"Let me go and see if she is still awake. It's been a trying day for her" I offer politely.

Then I went to Mira's room to see what she is doing that makes her so oblivious to her grandparent's arrival.

After the third knock, I am certain Mira is not inside the room. Which means she went off to find Zain.

I had a feeling she couldn't resist the temptation. If he is really sick, she will have it in her mind that she is the only one who can help ease his pain now.

And now she is going to make me look like a fool.

Since Mira's room is directly behind the largest chair in the living room, I know they are all looking at me.

So I smile wanly and enter the room.

She has a lot of gadgets sprawled on the bed. But otherwise, the place is blissfully empty.

I sit on her bed and supported my chin with my fist as I go into deep thought.

Wallahi Mira loves Zain too much to obey anyone at this point. And Zain is acting so weird I dont know what to expect from him anymore.

If they would listen, I will tell Pappy and Baba Mufeed to take it easy wallahi. Those two are too troublesome for anyone to take on. Besides, they are also not completely wrong.

Since they are still married, why should they separate? Even if they keep causing trouble, it's their life in the long run. Plus I don't see what they did that is so bad the family cannot forgive! Isn't separating them a bigger sin?

Yet, this is more than just their marriage. It's about the family at large.

It's about greed and reputation.

This is so messed up!

Right now, if I fight them for Mira, they will forcefully take her away and I might never see her again.

I will hate for Mira to marry this Laziz. His family is reputable and rich and whatnot. But surely, if he starts a fight in public just because he is capable, then his morals are questionable.

Besides the man has called my Mira wayward and he was embarrassing her in front of other people without a single care. All he cared about was establishing control.