75: Anhedonia 2

Present time

The morning next, we both look tired and Nayel cried a lot while I bathed him cox he just wanted to go to sleep.

So we left for Lagos after we had breakfast and we arrived in Our home by noon. I am still ignoring Zain Cox just looking at him is making me feel a severe case of anger and frustration. This guy who broke my trust and makes me feel so foolish...

The least he could have done was apologize and look like he meant it...

I can see Eman is in our home waiting for us to come home and jidda and Dada cannot stop welcoming me with warm smiles and exited muttering.

I tried to fake a smile or two before escaping to my room.

My head feels heavy honestly and I am not feeling like I am me. I feel so stressed, worried and so so angry I don't know where to take the anger anymore.

I took my Quran and began to recite it just to calm myself.

I know Zain feels as if I am angry with him alone  and I don't blame him.

I am just so overwhelmed....

For three days, I tried to avoid everyone and Zain is so busy trying to stabilize his company again, pacifying shareholders and calming the board of directors, that we didn't see each other again. And knowing him, he might just be giving me time to calm down. He has this way of making everything seem easy when he wants to. If he feels like staying home, sometimes, it feels as if he is an ordinary man who has no great concerns, let alone an entire company so huge one can call it an empire!

It's his special magic. So similar to that veiled look in his eyes only those closest to him can testify to. Momsie assures me he makes her nervous too cox there is a look he gives you that makes you doubt your own capability. Marmie is bragging the fact  that Zain has changed and he no longer uses those intentions in family. Of course, Momsie said that it's me who had helped him know the importance of family and peace. Marmie teased us that we are just flattering ourselves and I silently agreed cox I don't believe Zain has changed all that much. Perhaps in our relationship, he found something he loves that is bigger than his ego and it's making him softer than wool. Just one little rift and he is back to being who he was.

Maybe he has it all written down. Mira's likes and dislikes, Mira's dos and donts, Mira's limitations and achievements.... maybe it's all just a winding path he had set a trail on to make himself believe he just needed to follow his calculations and keep everyone satisfied while he continued to do what he did best...

Manipulate everyone around him...

I feel awful for thinking this way but I just can shake it off.

Anyways, on the fourth day, Diqee and Esha came to see me.

I had to show my face.

Esha took one look at me and knew I am a huge mess. Possibly, the biggest she has ever seen me aside from divorce and heartbreak of course. Gosh! We have endured a lot in this life...

She came to hug me and I can feel the bump putting a barrier between us and I laughed.

"Iyyeh! Esha is gravid with a little muah" I teased.

Diqee pushed her belly forward in a wierd pose and said "see my own Mira! I am going to be a Mama soon!"

I looked over at Diqee who is looking like she would give birth any moment. She looks fat and quite frankly so dark I don't wanna call her ugly. Let's just go with bloated...