25: Vengeance or life!

Zain's POV

"You are mushy for romantic nonsense aren't you?" I ask Mira.

She shrugs. "It's not nonsense. It just makes a lot of sense" she tweaked what I already said.

"Is that why you fell in love with that clown?" I ask with a small frown. I can't even call his name.

Her eyes widens as she considered the fact that during her story telling, she had mentioned her stupid stupid former boyfriend! Yes, I hadn't waved that off from my list of 'what the hell' yet.

I remember how she had paused, with emotion as if mentioning his lame name is hurting her.

She still loves him even though I am right here.

If he had truly loved her, he would have fought for her. And despite how everything had seemed, I don't believe he fought. And it makes me so angry to think about it all.

Dash it! He didn't deserve her!

And even though she is mine and she is finally choosing to be with me, I find that I am not satisfied.

I can't be anyone's second! Ever!

"Zain...please, let's not ruin the day. I am content you have accepted that my character is sound and even if you are an ogre, I will never cheat on you. Not even in my mind Zain. I swear it" she swore.

Her eyes look truthful enough. But dare I believe it? My heart does not accept it.

I don't wanna be foolish a second time.

"I believe you" I tell her. "And that is why, I want you to tell me everything you will like from your own version of an ideal relationship. Let's talk all night Mira. We can sleep in the morning" I suggest.

If that damn clown can make her fall in love, I'll be damned if I can't do it better.

One day, I will make her question the love she had so confidently professed for that bastard!

I didn't realize I am breathing hard until she placed a hand on my back, and with a soft easy motion, she tries to calm me. Magically, I feel a little calm.

She hugs me from behind and when I am no longer seized by blind unreasonable anger.

My eyes close on their own accord as I tried to absorb her heat, her softness and her care.

Her hands snakes around my waist, careful not to hurt my wound. She runs them all over my abs and whispers "you are perfect Zain. Sometimes I do understand why you are so arrogant"

I merely make a face.

"Alright. I'll tell you what I like" she conceded.

I sigh, removing her hands from my waist. Then I stood on my faintly aching limbs. I stretch my hands to her and she held them with her own. I dragged her to a standing position and pulls her into a proper hug.

I feel a calm descend like an abrupt rain shower. My hands tighten around her as I consider what I want from my life now.

A good woman who sees only me, and my company growing consistently steadier and more profitable.

Life will be perfect.

She pulls away from me and yawns exaggeratedly.

"You really aren't sleepy?" She asks me.

I make a duh face.