11: corporate bankruptcy

Pappy

I return from China and what I came back to meet is not very encouraging.

"You must let Zain Marry Mira" I advised.

Pops is already looking angry at my utterances.

"Calm down my brother! Let us make him think he won. We can make sure this never happens again. We will make him sign the papers" I explain.

Pops glares at me. "How dare you! Isn't it you, Saminu and Mufeed who had gone to him for help?! Did you not sell half of the company to him? And you have the mouth to tell me it will all be over using one single signature? Does he look dumb to you?" Pops rages.

"You are just being stubborn because of your stupid pride! Times are no longer favoring us! We must do something before we are fully bankrupt!" I sneered.

"Who is the reason we are facing this problem?! How many times had Zan come to our rescue? We rise once and fall twice over! It can't go on like this forever! I am tired of your excesses! All of you!" He glared at me.

"If you were a better business man, this would never have happened!" I retort.

"So now it's my fault? I have been trying to keep this family together!" Pops looks so red in his black outburst.

"Yes I know! You like to act like you are the good one in this family! You have practically turned everyone against me! Do you think I didn't know? Yakumbo is gobbling up more money than any of us because of her so called treatment! And we have to watch you spend the money righteously even though it belongs to all of us!" I raged too.

"How dare you! After all I have done for you!" Pops is breathing hard. His blood pressure must be high right now. So I quickly held him. But he pushed me away.

He had to sit down on his own and breath for some time before he could finally get ahold of himself.

He looks so old and sickly right now.

I must take the family reigns no matter what pops will say!

We can't go on like this forever!

Honest is dead! In the business world, you sell anything to make money!

And wallahi Mira will marry this Zain whether anyone likes it or not.

After all, the brights have nothing to give us compared to Zain!

Zain

Pappy reaches out to me to tell me that pops isn't feeling well.

"I hope he gets well soon" I reply genuinely concerned.

"Ameen Zain" is all that he said before we hung up.

So I called Eman there after. Pappy isn't the type to worry about others. He is selfish and opportunistic. I will know!

"What is going on? Pappy called to tell me that pops is not doing fine" I ask him.

"I don't know. But I think they fought" Eman explains.

"Go and speak to pops. I have a message for him" I tell him.

"What is it?" Eman is curious.