67: Not red

Zain's POV

The next day, I can still hear Momsie complaining to Marmie that we are trying very hard to make their visit useless.

"You are right. We have only been looking odd when visitors come along. I feel like an assertive momma" Marmie continues to agree. And I wonder what they think they would be doing in my house just because Mira has a baby. I guess we used to need them so much. But now, we have each other and we no longer need them so close. I wonder when they would come to realize it.

And then I heard them speaking about something else that got my attention right before I got too far away to hear them. I am on my way to the gym when I heard them anyway.

"When do you think he would open his eyes and his hands? Is he even from this generation!" Momsie would sometimes worry. Like now.

"He is going to be a shy child!" Marmie would grin. Making the situation very normal.

"Or a stingy fella. Closed hands are bad omen oh" Momsie is clearly teasing Marmie.

"It's just a sign of determination. He is going to be a little soldier!" Marmie defends. And they both laughed.

I swear those sisters have determination. Now that they ar determined the baby is the most normal kid, they invent any excuse available in their brain box to make it real.

To be honest though, I am getting worried that the key won't come out of his hands. I wonder why that is...

Marmie's POV

"Let's add one more week Marmie. Baba Murtala is busy and your husband has gone abroad again" Momsie says mischievously.

I frowned a little, knowing where she is coming from and not quite agreeing with her.

Momsie is worried about Mira. The girl has already started praying after one week of giving birth. She hasn't been herself since she saw Mira praying. She keeps worrying that she will get pregnant too soon and Mira will not have enough time to recover from her first pregnancy.

"What will one week achieve Momsie?" I asked pointedly.

"Come on! Baba Mufeed will get back from Cairo and I can speak to him about letting Mira stay in Abuja for a bit so we can really take good care of her. Didn't you hear? Zain is going back to work at his office and who is going to take care of her?" She reasoned.

"Momsie, you know Mufeed will never accept it. He is content just seeing Mira in her own home" I expressed.

"Oh! Mira has endured a lot of things from you parents! Ha'ah! Since when does a mother in law even seek permission from the girl's father to take care of her after birth? Am I not supposed to ask her husband? The way I see it, her husband cannot deny me. Just let me see who will!" She fumes deliberately.

Yeah I know it's deliberate cox she is looking too miffed too early!

"Momsie be reasonable! Zain will be crushed if you take them away. Right now he needs them near him. Please don't deny him what is his own right" I pleaded.

"Have you already forgotten how Mira has suffered through this pregnancy? Emotional wise, she was a total wreck! It had taken a lot from her. The least is for her to rest a little and gain back her energy. You know she is fragile. And you and I both know how emotional it is right after birth. Can't you pity her a little?" Momsie reasons back.

"But Zain was there for her through it all. It's not fair to him that we need to take her away. Especially because of Nayel!" I pleaded.

Momsie frowns, giving me one kind look and refuses to comment again. She has given up on me!