50: Bedeviling solution 4

Mira's POV

"Did you go over to see Momsie?" Is the first thing he asked me the moment I called him.

"I am on my way right now" I replied to him.

"That's good. Marmie made some snacks for me. Did you know that?" He asks, deftly changing the course of the conversation.

"No. But there is no surprise there. I am certain she also made a lot of chicken dambu for you as well" I returned unsurprised.

I can hear him smiling on the other end. "It's no fun telling you" he complains.

"Did you arrive well?" I ask him, even knowing he did. He sounds healthy and fine.

"Yes" he replies.

"Good. Have some rest. Don't work all the time" I state in goodbye. I am still miffed at what he did. The conversation will not end wallahi. We will talk again soon. But until then, I am allowed to be a little emotional!

"Is that your goodbye?" He asks, still sounding like he is smiling.

"No. Goodbye". I state with a pout before cutting the line. I can hear Marmie's voice berating me to stop being severe. That cutting my husband's call is disrespectful...

Thank God it's Momsie I am going to see right now!

Typical of people in my station, I keep glancing at the phone wishing he would call back. And my annoyance increased threefold when he didn't. Damn if that wasn't disappointing!

I refocused my mind on this meeting with Momsie. I wonder if she is still going to prefer Benazir to me..

Is she going to be cold to me? I wonder.

So as I thought about the dreaded meeting, I drove over in one of Zain's cars. The moment I arrive at Momsie's house in Kano, the gateman opens the gate and I sped in before slowing to a stop in front of the tall front enterance.

I can see Huzaifah and umar playing football on the side and I smiled.

I miss my little brothers wallah.

Come to think of it, I miss everyone, even Baba Murtala. The ones visiting my house are always the ones I don't necessarily like to see. Even relatives I don't know or haven't seen since I was a baby!

Umar smiles in his usual reserved manner. Husain grins as he stares at me and I waved them over.

The ball is thrown on the side as they jugged towards me.

Huzaifah gives me a side hug since he is sweating from playing ball so much. Umar just greets me orally.

"Let's go in. You guys have to bathe soon cox I want us to catch up before I leave today" I warn.

"Somehow, I doubt it. Momsie is kind of sick today. And she has not spoken to anyone all day. Baba was so stressed he didn't go out to the office all day as well" Huzaifah seems troubled all of a sudden.

Umar nods. I can see there is a story there. So I asked them where Momsie is.

"In her room. Ignoring everyone" umar replies.

So I quickly went inside the house, praying she won't snub me too.

No wonder Zain was asking of Momsie. Does he know something then?

Did Benazir do anything to her?

Worried sick, I knocked on her door. She didn't reply for the longest moment. Anxiously, I waited still cox I can't wait for her to let me in. I just want to see that she is fine.