64: One wish

Mira

Things were going on fast forward.

I had a lot of meetings with Zain's people. Poeple like Faiqah Arzika. People that are fun and so kind at first glance. Only there are too many coincidences.

But everything seems remarkably easy how well protected I am.

Suddenly, I am always going out with Zain all over Nigeria for this or that. I can see he is trying hard for something that keeps eluding him. There is nothing I could do but stand by and act like the perfect wife. There are times I get to make so good an impression that those people actually intend on becoming my friends. Other times, Zain makes me feel as if I did something great and I can't seem to get an answer what he is up to.

He is going through a lot i can see. And the only place he actually relaxes is when we have our talks, games or when we simply get a moment for ourselves in silence and harmony.

Of course on the side is Pappy who keeps pressuring me and my parents to speak to Zain. I swear it's like they have lost their hold over him or something.

Momsie never speaks about other stuff except family and how we can improve relations. She ignores all negativity with passion so she never even spoke about Pappy or how he is busy hounding us.

Zain would not hear of one sentence with Pappy in it. God! I hate that side of him! Once he makes up his mind about something, he won't give you an opportunity to air out your opinions! I guess he is still self centered in that regard.

Even if he has good reason!

And then Laziz got married to Benazir in a flashy wedding that lasted two weeks and they left the country altogether.

It's like she was never in our lives. She never acts wierd in front of me now. She acts as if all is forgotten.

Hoor is busy helping Annie with her business now and once I asked Momsie if she noticed anything weird with her. Momsie swears she is normal.

"Hoor always prays on time. Though she likes to keep to herself in her room. And she is always considerate and kind. Seriously, I like having her around" she had told me.

So my mind finally eases.

Princessa leaves as she said she would and I thought everything was fine on her end.

Zain is growing so restless that if I don't force him to calm down and sleep, he is always working. I have never reaffirmed how I used to think he works too much until now. He doesn't have time for anythin except work. But at least he listens to me.

Okay, sometimes. Oh! Who am I kidding! I am still discovering the fact that Zain is still zain. Sometimes, I swear, it's still about what Zain wants. What he thinks is okay and what he thinks it's not. The only reason I am enjoying this prison is because he thinks I deserve to be happy. I don't know how that makes me feel exactly!

So while everything is seeming so wrong, my pregnancy is growing well I think. I can feel the baby move now and Zain likes talking to the baby at these times. I swear these days, the moment I am near, his hands are always touching my tommy. He says he wants to feel the baby kick. It's comforts him. So I don't really mind. It comforts me too when he does that.

I made a list of things I want to do and Zain insists he has a list too.

For me, my checklist is simple.

1. Keep memories of every detail.

2. Support the sexy mama scheme.

Zain's checklist goes this way