8: Big Madame

August, 2019.

Zain.

The club we actually meet up with our friends is not a club club. It's an exclusive membership well, club. Where we love to meet. You could say its our middle ground.

So today, I arrived early for one reason.

I wanted to speak to Marwan privately. And since I am taking out an hour to waste carousing with my pals, I guess I can't waste one minute more.

".You are looking better than a couple of months ago" he grins.

"Looks can be deceiving though" I shrug.

He sits and orders a drink. Not drink drink hopefully but lemonade or something!

"So what is up?" He asks me.

I had planned to ask for his advise but it's looking like a dumb decision now.

"Nothing" I lied.

He is my best friend. My only friend really. But I can't be honest with him too. I wonder for how much longer I can pretend it's all good.

"Guy. It's not okay! The last time you visit this place, it is because you broke up with your girl and you were a complete mess!" He reminds me gently.

I remember clearly. So I do not need people pointing it out!

"Maybe I've changed. And I visit friends for the heck of it nowadays" I quip.

Marwan laugh very hard. "Nooo!. You are not programmed that way. You don't visit friends and you don't swing by for a chat. Really, why are you here so early? Speak to your friend Zain. I can keep a secret" he nods.

"It's nothing" I repeat dully.

"Suit yourself. How is your new wife? What's her name again?" He asks.

I was so close to asking him what the heck is talking about. Until it occurs to me that I had actually paid some girl's bride price.

Ahh..the sex crazed loco who thinks she is Jas!

"She is fine" I lie smoothly.

Oh Allah! One of my many regrets is thinking Ali can be anything more than what she is!

I have to visit her. Maybe her face can distract me. It can work...

I mean a guy can hope.

"You are lying!" He laughs.

He got me! But damn if I will tell him!

"How is erm...Yahana?" I ask, not sure if that is the name.

He shrugged it off. "In her misguided world of princess drama"

I raised my brows at that.

"Okay. Fine. She is fine I hope. At least the last time I saw her" he assures.

"Does that mean the the judge is hanging the jury hum?" I ask skeptically.

He laughs again. "No. The jury is hanging the judge damn them all! I will marry a poor man's daughter and make her the light of my eyes just to spite them!. See if I don't!" He swore.