41: Saad's fate

Hoor's POV

The moment I arrived at my small apartment, I threw my bag on the settee, sighing to myself.

My apartment has a small living room and an even smaller room. It has a connecting bathroom and I also have the smallest cutest baby kitchen.

I stare at the living room. It's only big enough to contain two chairs, a three seater and a two seater, an entertainment center and a small study desk on the side.

I enter my room immediately, removing my veil. I am not too hasty in removing my disguise because it's too early. What if something comes up and I have to go out again?

I caught a reflection of myself in a small mirror on the wall and I shake my head at the stranger staring back at me.

I sigh, taking in my room. The small bed is cramped up with two bedside drawers. The mirror on the wall is decorated with butterfly stickers in the side to give it the frame it doesn't not have.

I can barely take a bath in my bathroom. But it doesn't bother me.

I changed into something less confining to then the blouse and skirt Ankara clothes I am wearing and switched on the receiver hoping the DSTV will finish booting before I pray.

Once I am done praying, I switch on the TV and quickly stepped into my kitchen, which only has a cabinet that takes my gas cooker on its top, my kitchen utensils on its lower side and manages to make the extremely small space easy to maneuver around since I don't have to throw things around.

I quickly pick a bowl and threw in a maize cereal with milk and a small bit of sugar before coming out to sit on my chair,trying to relax after a grueling day at work!

I remember I have to call Mira. So I reduced the volume and began to try her phone. I kept on trying and I couldn't reach her. So I just put the phone away wondering if I should call in sick and travel to Abuja just to warn her against Barack. I am afraid he is going to do something again.

As I was busy thinking, the sound of a knock on my door came on.

I am very very shocked. Even though I have things to hide so I always prepare for eventualities like strangers out of the blue, I am still surprised someone wants to see me at this time of the night.

I look at the clock on the wall and saw that it's already nine at night.

I debated on whether to open it or not.

So I summoned some courage when the person knocking refused to leave and went close tot he door. I wish my door has the peeping hole. But it doesn't.

"Who is it?"  I ask hesitantly.

"Oh that should be me!" He calls back.

My mouth drops open in shock when I recognized his voice.

Isn't that Hamid Sarki?

My mind began to run furiously as I considered why he is here so late!

There is no way I am opening the door!

"What are you doing here?!" I ask incredulously.

"Open the door and I'll tell you" he promised.

"Go away sir! I have nothing in common with you to talk about!" I wailed in a panicky voice.

Will he force his way in? What should I do?!

I keep calling Mira but she wouldn't pick up.

I was about to throw the phone away in frustration when a click sounded.