The Toll of War

3rd. Person POV

Saeris walked nonchalantly towards a landing pad in order to take an available airship to Atlas, when he was stopped by Atlas soldiers.

Soldier: Hey! This is restricted! Turn back now!

Saeris responded by lifting his hand in the air, causing all of the soldiers to be lifted into the air, grasping at their own throats as they struggled to breathe. He smirked as he clenched his hand into a fist, snapping all of their necks in an instant. He let go of them, their bodies all falling limply to the ground at the same time. As he approached the parked airship, he was caught off guard by an unexpected sound. It was the sound of someone crying. He turned around to see, in the entrance to a nearby alley, a young girl. She couldn't have been older than 10. She knelt by the corpse of what Saeris could only assume was her mother. He sighed and walked closer to the child. When he reached her location, the girl looked up, immediately thrown into a state of fear caused by the strange man. She moved her arms up to her face in a defensive motion.

Girl: Please don't hurt me!

Saeris: Is this your mother?

The girl slowly lowered her arms, clearly confused by this.

Girl: Y- Yes...

Saeris: Who did this to her, child?

Girl: Th- The soldiers... they shot her! We j- just wanted to get to Atlas so we could be safe... but they just shot at us... they're evil! I hate them! I HATE THEM!

As the girl yelled, Saeris could feel a surge of energy from her... the Dark Side. The Sith smirked and then extended his hand to the girl.

Saeris: Come with me, child. I can help you exact your revenge. We can kill the soldiers... make them suffer. I can show you power like you have never seen before.

The girl did not take his hand. He was about to say something else, but was stopped by the sounds of more soldiers reaching the landing pad and seeing their fallen comrades. They put two and two together and aimed their weapons at Saeris.

Soldier: Put your hands where I can see them, scumbag!

Darth Saeris smiled wider and he turned around, holding his hands out in front of him.

Soldier: Higher!

Saeris: No.

Suddenly, and without warning, Darth Saeris summoned Force Lightning, shooting it towards the group of soldiers, electrocuting them. The girl was frightened by this sight, but was also astonished by the sheer power that the Sith was showing. When the lightning faded, the soldiers fell to the ground dead alongside their fallen comrades. Darth Saeris then once again approached the girl. He knelt down to her level, once again extending his hand to her.

Saeris: If you come with me, I can teach you to be as powerful as me. I can show you the power of the Dark Side.

The girl then slowly extended her hand out to meet his. When she grabbed the Sith's hand, he helped her up and they walked towards the ship.

Saeris: What is your name, child?

Crystal: C- Crystal...

Saeris: Very well...

Crystal: What is your name?

Saeris stopped for a moment.

Saeris: You will call me Darth Saeris.

Small Timeskip

 Down the corridor, Darth Saeris saw the silhouette of his master.

Darth Strahl: Darth Saeris. I take it Cinder Fall has been slain?