The Force's Echo

As the tension in the room began to grow, the droids with the lightsabers slowly backed up. As they stepped closer and closer to the vulture droid, we heard a sound from above us. Before I could even look up, a group of B2 Droids jumped down from the ceiling, apparently clinging to the large crystals.

(Y/N): Still more?

Vulture: This site must be defended, we will not yield.

(Y/N): We're not the enemy! We don't want to take over the site!

Vulture: Jedi fight for the Republic, the Republic is the enemy!

(Y/N): I told you, there is no Republic anymore! Neither is there a CIS! Think about it, where have your orders been?

Vulture: Lack of orders. Defaulting to programmed orders. Programmed orders are to defend this sight.

(Y/N): Okay... we wish to defend the site as well.

Vulture: You protect this site?

(Y/N): Yes, there is a greater threat outside of these walls, we cannot let the Kyber get in the hands of Salem.

Vulture: We must defend this site. If you are defenders, then we are allies.

The B2's and the Commandos deactivated their weapons.

ZK-RY: I am Specialist Vulture Droid ZK-RY. My compatriots are the Legion and the Knight Commandos.

(Y/N): Knight Commandos?

ZK-RY: As a last ditch effort to win the war, the Droid army of the Confederacy developed a series of Commando droids outfitted with lightsabers, as well as being programmed with Jedi Battle Tactics. However, the manufacturing facility came under siege by the Republic, and the Knight Commandos, commanded by me, were forced to flee. Eventually, we found this planet, and after some time were forced to lay dormant until a threat to this site emerged.

(Y/N): Okay... but, why exactly do you defend this sight?

ZK-RY: To keep it out of the hands of the Jedi.

I was perplexed by this, sure it was a Kyber mine, but there were more abundant Kyber sources readily available to the Jedi.

(Y/N): What makes this mine so important?

ZK-RY: Not the mine. Beyond us lies an ancient site, sacred to the Jedi Religion, but lost in time. In this site, the Jedi could come into a state of closeness with their deity.

Blake: What does that mean?

(Y/N): It means that the site is a hotbed for Force activity.

I turned back to ZK-RY.

(Y/N): May we enter the site?

ZK-RY: We were ordered to never let a Jedi into the site.

(Y/N): But you said we are allies.

ZK-RY: Indeed I did... very well. However, I must warn you, the site has its own guardians, who may require more convincing.

Blakblaz: Like... Temple Guards?

(Y/N): If it is Temple Guards, then they wouldn't be here after all this time.

Blakblaz: What do you mean, they could still be alive.

I then realized that I hadn't told them the truth. It was only me, Ruby, Weiss, and Blake who knew that we were in the far future. It was with much hesitation that I let out this lie.

(Y/N): Yeah... maybe...

I sighed and we walked past the strange droids. Behind them, a massive stone door slid open and all the Jedi stepped through. I turned back to Qrow and the Ace-Ops.