The Battle for Haven (Part 1)

Ruby POV

It was pretty late in the night. Me, Uncle Qrow, Oscar, Sara, and the other students were walking to meet with Professor Lionheart. As we approached the main building, I looked behind us at the large CCT Tower in the center of the school. It reminded me of Beacon in a way. It was strange, Haven had about as much in common with Beacon as it had different. As we entered the main hall of the building, we saw that nobody was there except for Professor Lionheart at the top of a staircase.

Lionheart: Why hello... Thank you for- uh- coming... There seems to be more of you than last time, heheh.

Qrow: Eh, you know what they say, the more the merrier. So what's going on with the council?

Lionheart had a worried look on his face.

Lionheart: Why... did you bring your weapons?

Qrow: What? Leo, we're huntsmen. You okay?

Lionheart: Of course... of course, sorry. Just haven't had my evening coffee.

Qrow: Look, it's nice to see you, but we got work to do. Are we getting support from the council or not?

Yang: Mom?

I looked at Yang in confusion. Just then, Qrow shot his weapon at a railing. A bird flew off the railing and behind Lionheart. From behind the professor, stepped out Raven.

Ruby: Raven...

Nora: They... they really are magic...

Raven then took off her helmet.

Raven: If you're going to shoot me, shoot me. That was insulting.

Qrow angrily: What are you doing here?

Raven: I could ask you the same thing. You've been scheming, little brother. Planning to attack your own sister.

Qrow: Leo, what have you done?

Lionheart: I- I-

Raven: Leo did what any sane person would in his position. He looked at all the information he had in front of him, assessed the situation, and made a choice... and it seems you all have too.

Raven looked at Yang, and Yang returned the favor with a hateful stare.

Qrow: You have the Spring Maiden.

Raven: I do...

Qrow: then hand her over and let's work together! We can beat Salem!

Raven: All that time spent spying for Ozpin and you still have no idea what you're dealing with. There is no beating Salem!

Ruby: You're wrong... We've done things that most people would call impossible, and I know the only reason we were able to do it is because we didn't do it alone. We had people to teach us, people to help us, we had each other. Work with us... at least I know we'll have a better chance if we try together... please.

Raven: You sound just like your mother...

3rd. Person POV

Raven used her semblance to open a portal. As soon as it did, a fireball shot out of it and hit Ruby, sending her flying back.

Yang: Ruby!

Yang ran over to make sure that Ruby was okay. As she did, Cinder, Mercury, Emerald, and Vernal stepped through the portal.

Cinder: Hello boys and girls.

Ruby: Cinder...

Mercury: Come on, guys. Is that any way to greet your old friends?