The Beginning of the End

3rd. Person POV

Ozpin narration: The single quality that is common across every living creature on this planet... is fear.

Cyrus was seen cowering in a dimly-lit room. He was scared, and knew not what to do. Suddenly, the door swung open to reveal Ruby and Weiss on the other side.

Weiss: Cyrus!

Cyrus then ran up to Weiss, clinging to her as they quickly made their escape.

Ozpin narration: It's funny then, that as common as fear is... we so easily underestimate its power.

Scene Change

Sapphire, Gwen and Heather walked up to Darth Saeris, clearly confused by the young girl who followed close behind him.

Sapphire: Who is this?

Saeris: She had nothing left... and she came to me...

Ozpin narration: Fear of growing close to someone... a subsequent fear of loss.

Sapphire: And your master...

Saeris remained silent, but Sapphire could see on his face what had happened.

Scene Change

Battle droids fell one by one as Sergeant Copper and his squad got continuously pushed back.

Copper: We need air support, now!

ZK-RY on comms: All air units are currently engaged in combat.

Copper: Dammit!

Clone: Sergeant, we have nowhere to go! What do we do?

Copper: We do our duty, soldier!

Ozpin narration: Fear of failure.

Scene Change

(Y/N), Ren, Nora, and Sariel could be seen entering an airship. Blake, Yang, Vega, and Blakblaz were already on the ship, gesturing for them to hurry. As soon as they boarded the ship, it took off at high speeds.

Yang: Where's Oscar, and the relic?

Sariel and Nora had somber looks on their faces, (Y/N) simply looked down in shame, and Ren had his face to his hands.

Ozpin narration: And as more people depend on you, those fears can take on greater power.

Scene Change

As the LAAT flew through the sky, Qrow looked down at his hands, to see the bloodied charm of a four-leafed clover resting in his palm. Robyn promptly put a hand on his shoulder in a comforting gesture, but it did little to soothe his pain.

Ozpin narration: But fear itself isn't worthy of concern.

Scene Change

Ruby, Weiss, and Cyrus stood on the landing pad as Maria's airship descended to pick them up. The side door flew open and Blake beckoned them inside. They did so without hesitation.

Ozpin narration: It is who we become while in its clutches.

Scene Change

At the mouth of the dust mine, a pale blue apparition of Master Yoda stood. He watched the horizon, seeing the looming city in the distance with plumes of smoke in various parts of it. He closed his eyes.

Yoda: Young (L/N)... have faith in you, we must.

Suddenly, a second apparition, that of an old man, appeared next to Yoda.