Piercing Stare of a Sith

Darth Saeris POV

I walked through Mistral, trying not to draw attention to myself... which is a lot harder than you would think when you have a massive scar on your face. Regardless, I dressed myself in civilian clothes and walked through the streets, looking for information. I made sure that my lightsabers were concealed, but ready to be drawn at a moment's notice. I asked multiple well known "Shady" individuals on the lower levels if they had anything that I needed, but to no avail. I began to get frustrated, and I needed to calm myself if only for a little bit, so I stopped by a small Bar and Grill and took my seat at the bar. There was a woman tending the bar. She saw me and made her way to ask for what I wanted.

Woman: Welcome, how can I help... you...

I could see the very moment that she noticed my scar. It has happened every other time I haven't worn my cloak so I got used to it pretty quickly.

Saeris: Just get me any one drink.

She nodded and walked to the beer taps. A few seconds later, she returned with a glass. She appeared like something was bothering her, and she shuffled away to look in the cash register at one end of the bar.

Saeris: It's a burn.

Woman: What?

Saeris: My scar... I can tell you were curious about it... It's a burn.

Woman: W- What happened?

I hesitated, but responded a few seconds later.

Saeris: I was attacked.

Woman: Oh my goodness, that's terrible! By who?

Saeris: Someone... Someone I thought I could trust.

Woman: I'm so... so very sor-

Saeris: Don't be... the person I was then was stupid... I couldn't see what was plainly in front of me. I could have been killed that day and this mark is a constant reminder of that.

Woman: I... I was just trying to be-

Saeris: I know what you were trying to do, and you don't need to. I can tell what kind of person that you are. You live a happy life, close to the people who love you. You have a job that is able to support your life expenses and personal life. You have everything that you want and you are happy. Something that many... would envy... I don't need sympathy, I have had enough of people saying empty condolences, I have had enough of all of it.

I looked at her with my piercing amber eyes.

Saeris: You should not pity me... not for your sake, but for mine. I am not worthy of forgiveness.

She looked at me with a puzzled expression.

Woman: Who are you?

Saeris: I am nobody.

Woman: Do you have a name?

I hesitated to answer this. I had not used my name in years. I did not want to be associated with that name, but what difference would it make for her? I let out a sigh and left some Lien on the table. I got up and walked to the door, but stopped in the doorway. I turned back to her, looking at her with the same piercing gaze.

Saeris: Steele Lockharte

I exited the building and began to take some winding paths away from the main roads to avoid being stared at. I was and am not a spectacle to be gawked at. I made it to a point that was essentially a back alley. I could see a group of men converging to attack another man who lay defenseless on the ground. I could feel their emotional energy, this was an act of discrimination, the man who lay there was Faunus. I sighed and walked towards them.

Saeris: What is going on here?

Man 1: What? The hell are you? Get the fuck out of here scarfa-

The man began to grasp at his own throat as he gasped for air. I slowly walked towards him with my hand outstretched.

Saeris: I have learned in my life to not heed the words of the weak. So, for your own sake, leave your hateful comments to yourself.

I dropped him to the ground and he laid there, gasping and coughing. I expected the other two to be terrified of what they just saw. However, when I looked up to them, they were enraged. One of them got ready to swing a bat that they had been holding, and the other pulled a knife out of their pocket.

Man 2: Let's teach this fucker some respect.

Saeris: No...

I shot both of my arms towards them and lightning began to crackle out of my fingers. The whole alley was bathed in a bright blue light. The sounds of electricity crackling filled the air. I stayed there for a few seconds before putting my hands down and letting their smoking charred bodies fall to the ground. Before I could do anything else, the first man picked up a stray metal pipe and swung it at me, hitting me square in the center of my back. I lurched forward, my eyes turned into vertical slits and my fangs folded out. I let out a hiss as I turned around to face the man. His face turned from anger and pain to pure terror as soon as our eyes met. I used the force to slam him into a wall and inched closer as he slid off the wall onto the cold concrete. When I reached him, I pulled out my dagger and held it to his throat.

Man 1: What... are... you?

Saeris: I am... Darth Saeris.

I then slit his throat and left him there to bleed out. I turned to the faunus and began to step closer to him. He looked visibly terrified and crawled himself into a wall.

Faunus: Please, don't hurt me! I didn't do anything!

I put my dagger away and stepped to the side.

Saeris: Leave... tell the authorities that there are three dead men here.

He got up and ran past me as I calmly walked on. Before I left the alley, however, the glint of a reflective object on the ground caught my eye. I went to examine it and noticed that it was one of my belongings and that it must have fallen out during the fight. I picked it up, inspecting the small locket for damages. As I opened the locked to make sure it was unharmed, I sighed as I looked at the picture within. The man in that photo was long gone, he was not strong enough to stop the real evil, and was maimed to near death as a result. And the woman sitting next to him was nothing more than a distant memory.

Author's Note: This really has nothing to do with the story, think of it as just a character short. It's of course still canon to the fic. AND it's important, as this is where we get to know his naaaaaaame... yes that is his real name, he didn't just make something up.