Learning of the Amulet

3rd. Person POV

Yang punched (Y/N) in the face.

(Y/N): AGH!

Yang: YOU IDIOT!

(Y/N): Look, I can explain.

Yang: You've explained quite enough!

Yang then punched him in the gut, causing him to fall to the floor in pain.

Maria: Alright, knock it off back there!

Yang: Shut it! This is my business!

(Y/N) then staggered back onto his feet, now visibly angered.

(Y/N): No... it's mine!

He took a swing at Yang, who blocked it with her robotic arm, causing (Y/N) to let out a sharp hiss of pain. He sent a punch with his other hand, hitting Yang in the stomach. Yang was sent staggering back a few steps, but she stayed on her feet. Yang's eyes turned red and she went for another punch, but was knocked out of her anger by the sound of a voice.

Blake: ENOUGH!

Everyone in the back of the airship looked at Blake.

Blake: What are you two doing? We're supposed to be working together!

Yang: Yeah, that was until we found out that (Y/N) is working with the enemy!

Blake: No he isn't! Salem is our enemy! And right now, you're giving her exactly what she wants! If we can't work together then we don't stand a chance!

Yang grumbled and stepped away from (Y/N). Blake then walked up to (Y/N) with a worried look on her face.

Blake: (Y/N) what were you thinking?

(Y/N) took a moment to respond.

(Y/N): For the entire time I've been here, I've been fighting a pointless war. Salem cannot be killed, not by magic, not by dust, not by the Force. Every prospect Remnant had was hopeless when Salem decided to seek the relics. But, all of the sudden, I was given a chance to end this war. I was given a chance to give this world the hope of survival, and you don't think I should have taken it?

Blake: But if you use that... thing... it will just turn you into another Volga.

(Y/N): No... Malice was a combination of the souls of both Darth Bane and Rainier Volga. It combined Darth Bane's dark side power with Volga's sadistic nature. The resulting being was Malice. I don't think it would be the same for me if I were to use the amulet. Darth Bane explained using the Malice Amulet as a sort of "symbiosis". Our souls momentarily become one and we both think as a single entity, and thus we both have control over the body.

Weiss: And if he's lying.

(Y/N) turned his head to look at Weiss.

(Y/N): That's... what I'm afraid of the most.

Blakblaz: You don't need to be afraid.

He looked towards Blakblaz.

Blakblaz: I know all seems bleak, and many have lost hope, but I have not. See, I spoke with Master Yoda at the holy site. He told me many things, but one thing he told me stood out. It gave me hope that the darkness on Remnant will be vanquished, and that it will be by our hands.

(Y/N): What did he tell you...

Blakblaz: You see, (Y/N)... I believe you are the chosen one.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened.

Blakblaz: You, every one of you, are Jedi. We all have a duty to keep the darkness at bay. And here we are, with darkness threatening to envelope the world. It's time we do our duties and stop Salem once and for all.

 He put his hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder.

(Y/N): If... If I'm the chosen one... then... then I must bring balance to the Force.

Sariel: And bringing balance means stopping Salem.

Yang: There really is no turning back now, is there?

Vega: Doesn't seem like it.

(Y/N) then donned a more somber expression and turned back to face Blake.

(Y/N): Blake... I have one more thing to ask of you.

Blake: Anything.

(Y/N): If I end up using this amulet, and... by some chance, Darth Bane was lying and took over my body... I want you to promise-

(Y/N) seemed a bit choked up as tears formed in his eyes.

(Y/N): I want you to promise... that you'll kill me.

Blake's eyes widened after he said that.

Blake: What? Why would you say something like that?

(Y/N): I don't think it will happen... but just in case... please, promise me...

Blake: I... I can't... I love you too much to even think of that.

(Y/N): I love you too, that's why I would want you to do it. If Darth Bane were to take my body, he would throw my consciousness into endless suffering... so if that were to ever happen, please promise me that you'll put me out of my misery.

Blake struggled to form a response, but eventually choked out the words:

Blake: I... Promise... 

 (Y/N) then promptly wrapped his arms around Blake. Blake then did the same.

(Y/N): It won't come to that, I'm sure of it. I just need to make sure that you would.

Blake: Now I want you to promise me something.

(Y/N): What is it?

Blake: Promise me that you make it out of this alive.

(Y/N) looked into her eyes and smiled. He leaned towards her and the two shared a kiss. When they parted, (Y/N) gave his response.

(Y/N): Of course.

Vega: I'd hate to break up the tender moment, but we still have a war to fight.

(Y/N) nodded.

(Y/N): Of course. Our first priority should be making sure Mantle is safe. Weiss, you know this place better than anyone else in this ship. Where is a place where the Legion can evacuate citizens without the military following them.

Weiss looked down to think for a moment before she shot her gaze back up to (Y/N).

Weiss: The crater!

(Y/N): The crater?

Sariel: Yeah, the crater! It's a slum in the center of Mantle, right underneath the floating city itself. The military doesn't give a damn about what happens there, so they rarely show up.

(Y/N): Okay. The crater it is then.

(Y/N) then activated his comms.

(Y/N): ZK, Commander Brush! This is Jedi Master (Y/N) (L/N), do you read?

There was silence on the other end.

(Y/N): ZK, Commander Brush, can either of you hear me?

Brush on comms: General (L/N)? Man, am I glad to hear your voice! The military's turned on us, our air support is next to none, and we are struggling to regroup.

ZK-RY on comms: Your signal is clear.

(Y/N): We have a new objective, once you regroup, I want the 574th. and the Legion to evacuate as many civilians to the crater as you can. It's the center of Mantle, you can't miss it! We'll be there to assist in the efforts.

Brush on comms: Understood.

ZK-RY on comms: Affirmative.

(Y/N): Alright guys... It's time to save Remnant!