Dark Figures: Part 2

(Y/N) narration: Previously on Remnant's Jedi Order: Dark Figures

Adam: Well, that wasn't too long of a wait.

Blake: Leave me alone!

Adam: I let you go once, Blake! I'm never making that mistake again!

Ruby POV

Weiss and I were looking around in our part of the city. We made sure to check the back alleys in order to find any suspicious gatherings that could give us some clues.

Weiss: Ugh, still nothing. How long has it been?

Ruby: Half an hour...

Weiss: Only half an hour? It felt so much longer than that!

Ruby: I know, but we still have a lot of ground to cover.

Weiss: I know, it's just... what are we even looking for?

Ruby: We'll probably know when we see it.

As we walked down another alley, we saw a group of people ahead of us turn a corner.

Ruby: Come on.

The two of us looked around the corner and saw them knock on a red, metal door.After a few moments, a man in a red cloak answered.

Cloaked man: Greetings, brothers and sisters.

The man paused to look at them all before asking a question.

Cloaked man: Is madam Coronet with you?

The group looked at each other in confusion.

Woman: No sir.

Cloaked man: I see. Anyway, you may enter. Welcome to the Temple of the Black Mist.

The group was let in and the door was shut behind them.

Ruby: Looking for a madam coronet? I have an idea.

I looked at Weiss, who had a look of disapproval on her face.

Weiss: No...

Ruby: Oh, come on, it could help us search without being questioned. Madam Coronet might be VIP, or someone else important.

Weiss: Do we really need to do that though?

Ruby: Yes, now let's go!

I practically dragged her towards the door. I knocked on it and waited. The same man answered the door.

Cloaked man: Greetings, sisters... is madam Coronet with you.

I looked at Weiss again, who just gave me a look of disappointment and shrugged.

Ruby: Yes... I am madam Coronet.

The man's eyes widened.

Cloaked man: Oh my, greetings madam. And... who would this be?

He pointed to Weiss.

Ruby: This is my compatriot. She will be accompanying me for the duration of this gathering.

Cloaked man: Of course, madam, of course. This way, please.

We followed the man into the building. It looked much better on the inside than it did on the outside. As he continued to lead us down a long corridor, it progressively got darker and darker. When we neared the end of the corridor, we saw a pair of large, red doors on the end. We reached the end and the cloaked man opened the door.

Cloaked man: He will see you now.

As we entered the room, we saw it looked like a large office with strange symbols painted on the walls and ceilings. Sitting at a desk was a man with black hair and red eyes.