Days Off Aren't as Relaxing as You'd Think

Darth Saeris POV

I walked down the cold damp streets of Mantle. It has been a long time since I've been here. It was quieter than remembered, but I could still sense the despair within everyone that I walked past. I ignored it for the most part and made my way back to the hotel Sapphire and I were staying in. As I approached the door to the room, I heard several voices from inside the room. I began to get concerned and held the handle of my dagger in one hand and opened the door with the other. Upon opening the door, I saw Sapphire looking into the kitchen with a look of bewilderment on her face.

Sapphire: Can we not? We talked about this!

She then noticed me.

Sapphire: Oh, of all times he gets back!

I then saw someone I didn't expect to see. It was Gwen, one of my former teammates, chugging a beer bottle as she exited the kitchen.

Gwen: Wait, you telling me he's back?

Gwen then looked at me.

Gwen: God damn, Steele, your twenties hit you like a truck!

Saeris: Gwen, I can see that your insults still have yet to reach the level of mediocre.

Gwen: Steele's using big words now? Impressive. Okay, H, you can show yourself now.

I was about to ask what she meant, but I was cut off by the sound of a crossbow being drawn behind me. The door slammed shut behind me and I heard another familiar voice behind me.

Heather: Long time no see, snake boy.

Saeris: Do you mind not pointing your crossbow at my head, Heather?

Heather: Do you mind not taking off from your life for 8 years?

Saeris: Is this what this is about?

Sapphire: Heather, we're not here to pick fights! I grouped us up here because we need help fighting a greater darkness.

Heather: Come on, Saph, don't you wanna know?

Sapphire: I do know, and I forgave him!

Heather: Well, I'm not so forgiving. So, Steele, care to expla-

I waved my hand up in the air and sent Heather flying up and hitting the ceiling. I saw her body flash purple as her aura tanked the damage and she fell to the floor, getting up a few seconds later.

Heather: Okay, how the fuck?

Sapphire: If you just settled down, we would have already explained this.

Saeris: Are you done?

Heather: Fine, I still hate you though.

I helped her up and Gwen began chugging another beer.

Gwen: Wait, what the hell is up with your eyes?

Meanwhile in Atlas

(Y/N) POV

As we opened the main door to the dance club, the then muffled music now entered my ears in it's full volume. After we got into the main area of the club, we saw Team FNKI approach us.

Flynt: Hey guys, who's your friend?

Vega: I'm Vega. We met in the training room.

Flynt: Oh man, I didn't even recognize you without your helmet!

Vega: Yeah, most people don't.

(Y/N): Don't need a helmet today. Today's all about letting off steam.