Conquering both Present and Future

I got into a defensive stance as Blake charged at me. When she was in striking distance, she immediately unleashed a series of quick strikes. I began to block her strikes. Flashes of yellow and white lit up our surroundings as our Red and Purple blades clashed. I slowly backed up as Blake continued to aggressively clash blades with me as she advanced. As I looked to her eyes again, I saw them burning with hatred. I leapt backwards, using the force to send me further.

Blake: Get back here, you coward!

(Y/N): Blake, I don't want to fight you! Please don't do this!

Blake: You should have thought about that before you let them all die!

She used the Force to jump towards me at high speeds. I panicked and held my lightsaber directly towards her. Time seemed to stop for a moment as my lightsaber impaled her through the stomach. I deignited it and her body fell onto the cold pavement. I felt tears well up in my eyes as I fell to my knees, holding her weakening body in my arms.

(Y/N): Blake... no, no! Please don't go!

Blake: (Y/N)... You could have... saved them... how could you?

(Y/N): Blake, I don't know what you're talking about.

Blake: You left them to die, (Y/N)... why?

I was rendered speechless, I didn't know how to respond. I didn't even know what she was talking about.

Blake: I... I loved you... and you let me down...

After she said this, her breathing stopped. Her body then faded, followed quickly by the rest of the area. I was once again in the dark room.

Darth Bane: Past and Present conquered in one fell swoop. I am impressed by your power, young (L/N).

(Y/N): You're sick... why would you show me that?

Darth Bane: I didn't intend to show you anything in particular. I merely showed you a manifestation of an underlying fear from your present. In your case, that would be your lover turning to the Dark Side.

(Y/N): It felt too real... I knew it was a vision, but in that moment... I felt... there... 

Darth Bane: You are nearly done, child. The last thing you must face is the future. Are you prepared for this?

I didn't respond for a moment. Sure I was shaken up about facing the present, but I could get over it easily by accepting that it was just a vision. It was just a fear, not a prophecy. I sighed and stood up.

(Y/N): Yes... if you would, please allow me to face the future.

Darth Bane: As you wish.

The room faded and I found myself in a building I didn't recognize. I looked around and saw a few people, whom I also didn't recognize, walking through the corridors. I quickly made my way through the rooms, looking for whatever I was supposed to face. One of the rooms I stumbled upon was a bathroom. Once I walked in, I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I looked significantly older, maybe mid 30's, and I had short facial hair. I smirked in amusement, this was to be expected when being sent to one's future. I promptly exited the bathroom, continuing to look for what I needed to confront. Suddenly, the lights went out. I was confused and slightly unsettled by the suddenness of it. I was then further unsettled by the sound of people screaming from another room further down the hall. I grabbed my lightsaber and ran to where the screams were coming from. I kicked open the door and saw the room illuminated in red. A young boy, no older than a teenager, was being stabbed by a figure with a double-bladed red lightsaber. The figure then dropped the boy's lifeless body on the ground.

 The figure then dropped the boy's lifeless body on the ground

(A/N): I don't own this image, as per usual.

(Y/N): What have you done?

The figure then turned to me. The figure wore a menacing mask over his face. He then spoke to me in a deep, mechanically distorted voice.

Figure: Grandmaster (L/N)... I've been waiting for this.

I ignited my lightsaber.

(Y/N): I don't know who you are, but you must be stopped.

The figure then slashed at me with his lightsaber. I blocked it and began to go on the offensive. I sent strike after strike his way. He blocked my strikes and then let out a menacing laugh.

Figure: I expected more from you. I am sorely disappointed, master Jedi.

(Y/N): Do not let yourself become too reckless.

Figure: That was not the first time you've told me that, and this is not the first time I ignore your advice!

The figure then used the Force to throw a piece of debris towards me. I used the Force to throw it in another direction and then used that opening to slash upward at his mask. The figure then screamed in anger and threw the mask off his face and put down his hood. I saw the face of the figure. The man had black hair, orange eyes, and faunus ears.

Figure: You should have expected it to come to this! This can only end one way, now!

(Y/N): Whether or not that is true, I will still try to stop you.

With that, the figure then charged at me and slashed at me a few times. I blocked and dodged his strikes and sent a few of my own at him. Eventually, one of them hit him, severing one of his hands. He screamed and dropped his lightsaber. I, without hesitation stabbed the man through the chest. The man's eyes widened as he gasped in pain. I looked at his face, and saw his eyes turn from orange to blue. The figure then fell as I deignited my lightsaber. Upon seeing his eyes change back to normal and seeing the pain and anguish on his dying face, I felt a sense of regret for what I did. The little light in the room faded away, and I was once again returned to the dark room.

Darth Bane: You did it, young (L/N). You have conquered the past, present and future. Your mind is ready to take on the God-Killer technique. 

(Y/N): It's over... I can learn the technique now?

Darth Bane: Yes... whenever you are ready...

(Y/N): I... I'll do it soon... I need to rest...

Darth Bane: Very well...

The room faded away, and I was once again thrown into consciousness. I took the amulet off and put it in the bottom of the box on my bed. I stood there for a moment before exiting the dorm. I looked down the hallway and saw Blake walking towards me.

Blake: (Y/N), I was just coming to get you. The Ace-Ops are ready to move out, we should probably suit up.

I promptly walked forward and hugged her tightly. She was surprised at first, but hugged back.

Blake: What's this for?

(Y/N): Blake... promise me... promise me that you'll tell me anything that's wrong.

Blake: What? What made you ask this?

(Y/N): Just promise me... please...

Blake paused for a moment, seemingly in shock by my sudden request.

Blake: Okay... I promise...