Confrontations

Blake POV

I walked into a place that I feel that she would find me in. It was a dark area of the village with a few abandoned houses.

Blake: Ilia?

Ilia: I'm here.

I saw her silhouette. I drew my weapon and she walked out slowly with her hands in the air. She changed her skin from a shadowy complexion, to her normal complexion.

Blake: Ilia, I know you're scared but you don't have to be. My family and I, we can keep you safe.

She had a guilty look on her face.

Ilia: I'm sorry.

Blake: You can make it up to me by helping us stop Corsic and Fennec.

Ilia: No... I'm sorry...

One of her hands turned into a closed fist. I gasped as I heard footsteps on a nearby roof. I looked up to see a man had jumped down towards me. Within less than a second, I was on the ground. He backed up and two more people gathered around me.

Blake: Wait-

One of the people behind me shot a web net at me. I couldn't move.

Woman: I've got her.

Man 1: Well done, sister Trifa... and to you, Ilia.

The man then threw Ilia her weapon and she caught it. I felt stupid for trusting a plan that was clearly meant to be a trap.

Blake: Ilia, what are you doing?

Ilia: I tried to warn you Blake. I'm sorry-

Blake: Don't tell me you're sorry!

Ilia: But I am. I am sorry that it has to be this way, but you and your family are holding the Faunus back.

Blake: Because we're trying to protect people? In what world do you live in where attacking the innocent is the right thing to do.

Ilia: The same one as you! There's no such thing as innocent, there's no right thing to do, only what's best for us! There's the humans that still hate the Faunus, and there's the others that stand by and let the hate happen! But you know what snuffs out hate? Fear! I don't like hurting people, but I'll tell you this... it's gotten us results.

Blake: Yeah... look where it's gotten you.

Her eyes widened and she lowered her weapon. She then looked away, narrowing her eyes again.

Ilia: We all have to make sacrifices for the greater good... no matter how much it hurts.

Blake: And you think killing me is really for the greater good?

Ilia: No, but getting rid of your family is.

My eyes widened and my voice began to tremble.

Blake: No... you wouldn't... You can't! I won't let you!

Ilia: I know, that's why you're being sent to Mistral... to Adam.

Blake: Ilia, please! You don't have to do this! This isn't you!

Ilia: Yes... it... is... but I guess back then you were just too busy falling for Adam to notice.

I looked at her in a mix of shock and confusion.

Ilia: I was always jealous of the way you looked at him... I wanted you to look at me that way... but we can't always get what we want. Ima, follow me! You two, get her to the docks.