The Broken Dragon

Yang POV

I could hear it around me, the screams, the blazing fires, all of it filled my ears like a demented orchestra. I looked down at my hands, still perfectly fine. I then looked ahead... he was there... his orange eyes staring at me with intent... intent to kill...

I saw my weapons on my wrists, I fired nonstop. The bullets didn't even touch him, they went right through. He slowly reached for his lightsabers, igniting them with the same blood curdling laugh I had heard back then. I tried to shoot again, but my weapons were gone, and so was my arm. I looked back to him, he was not but a few inches from my face. He smirked and put his lightsabers to my throat.

I woke up in a cold sweat. I sat up, looking at the robotic arm that my Dad had gotten for me sitting on my nightstand. I then heard laughter, but not the chilling laughter of that man... it was of joy and humor, the kind of laughter that makes you realise that everything is okay. I walked downstairs to the apparent source. I saw my Dad, along with Professor Port and Oobleck. Port was in the middle of a story.

Port: And then, in comes Qrow... wearing a skirt! I was just a TA, I didn't know what to do so I just left the room to laugh.

The three of them laughed again.

Tai: Yeah, we told him it was a kilt. He'd never worn a uniform before so he didn't know.

Oobleck cracking up: That is terrible, what is wrong with you!

Tai: Hey, the girls all said he had nice legs! I did that jerk a favor! Besides that's not even the best part... see, then we-

Port put his boot up to the table.

Port: Like what you see?

They all broke out laughing again. Port then lost his balance, falling over... which made them laugh even more. I even laughed a little, causing them to know that I was there.

Port: Oh... Miss Xiao Long... please join us...

I sat up on the counter right next to Dad.

Yang: So what are you doing here?

Oobleck: Despite popular belief, us teachers do have a life outside the classroom.

Port: Professor Goodwitch is working around the clock to restore Beacon to its former glory, but Mistral wasn't built in a day and we all need some rest from time to time.

Tai: Let's not worry about that right now... So, there we were, standing in the auditorium, looking at Qrow, wearing a skirt! Then Oz tells everyone "It's time to work on our landing strategy".

Oobleck: The Branwen twins have always been... interesting to say the least.

Port: That sure didn't seem to stop young Tai!

Tai: Hey, come on man, she's right here.

Port: Oh please, she's a mature young woman. If she can handle combat, she can handle a few jabs at her old man.

Tai: That's not the issue, Pete. And besides she's still a teenager.

Yang: SHE is also in the room and can be directly spoken to... and I think that I've been through enough to be considered an adult at this point.

Tai: Adult or not, you still have a long way to go before you're ready for the real world.

Yang: Oh my gosh, does every father figure just have the same three condescending phrases?

Tai: Yeah! But we only use them when we mean it!

Yang: Is that so?

Tai: As a matter of fact, it is so! If you honestly think that you're ready to go out on your own, well I guess you lost some brain cells along with that arm!