Vytal to our Success

Timeskip to the Vytal Tournament

(Y/N) POV

It was the doubles round, we had chosen Pyrrha and I to fight. I had forged dual hatchets to use as weapons instead of my lightsaber. I knew that there was a chance that there were no Sith for millions of Parsecs around, but I wasn't sure. I had a cover for my "Semblance" as well. I would just say that I also had Pyrrha's semblance of Polarity. I would just need to be sure to only use the Force on metal. Better safe than sorry. We were up against a team from Shade Academy. One of them used a spear, and the other used a battle axe.

(Y/N): Pyrrha, take the one on the left, this one's mine.

Pyrrha: Got it!

I quickly ran up to the one with the Battle Axe. They were a brute, strong attacks with lots of time in between. My fighting style relied on speed and acrobatic movements between strikes, the perfect counter to the Axeman's style. They swung straight down, I dodged it easily. I quickly got behind them, swinging my hatchets at their back. They grunted in pain and swung behind them horizontally. I jumped over the axe and kicked them back. I threw my hatchets and used my "Semblance" to change their course. They hit the Axeman at high speed, knocking them out of the arena.

Port: Rouge Mirena out by Arena knockout.

I saw that Pyrrha was struggling with the Spearman, so I quickly jumped in to support. They were tough, but not strong enough to deal with Pyrrha Nikos and a Jedi in disguise at the same time. Their Aura was eventually depleted and they put down their weapon in defeat.

Port: Cyan Crylde out by Aura Depletion. The winner is (Y/N) (L/N) and Pyrrha Nikos of Beacon Academy!

I helped up Cyan.

(Y/N): You fight well, Mr. Crylde. Well done.

Cyan: You too, best of luck to whoever you choose to go on to singles.

I smiled as we all walked out of the arena.

Pyrrha: So, I'm assuming you are going to be the one to move on to the Singles round?

(Y/N): Yes. I can't risk those Haven students tricking us.

Pyrrha: You really don't trust them, do you?

(Y/N): I told you, I don't trust them!

Flashback

Blake: I heard your team progressed to the next round too.

Weiss: You know, I feel like we never see your other teammates.

Yang: How'd they do in the fight?

Emerald: Really well.

Ruby: That's great, why don't we all go out and get some victory food together?

Emerald: Oh, gosh that's so nice of you but... my teammates are all kind of... introverted.

We all look to Mercury smelling a boot.

Emerald: Really socially awkward...

Yang: Ohh, yeah. I can see that.

(Y/N): I guess so.

Emerald: So yeah, looks like Merc and I are moving on to the doubles round. What about you guys?

Ruby: Well, as the team leader I've thought long and hard about this decision.

Weiss: We put it to a vote.

Ruby: Y- Yes but I decided that we should put it to a vote.

Blake: We voted for Weiss and Yang.