Past and Present

(Y/N) POV

I felt the cool breeze against my face as the boat sailed along its path. I have not felt this level of relaxation in a long, long time. I assured myself that this was a good thing. I had never been one to let my guard down so easily. I looked to the right to see Blake looking at two happy children. She seemed deep in thought, I didn't want to inquire about it just yet. I would leave her in her thoughts. I was a ways away, so it did not seem like we were travelling together. I soon heard a voice from my right.

???: Travelling alone?

Blake got startled by this and put her hand on her sword. I turned as well to see a man in a uniform of the ship.

???: Now now. No threat here, I'm just here to chat.

Blake: And why is that?

???: Well, not many people travel by boat on their own. I can be quite a lonely voyage. But I've found those that do tend to have more interesting stories.

I walked over to the two of them.

(Y/N): She's not alone. I am travelling with her.

???: Ah, I see. I'll leave you two be. But fair warning, these trips can be awfully boring.

I turned back to Blake to see her removing her bow.

Blake: I won't be needing this.

She dropped her bow into the sea and walked away from the edge. I decided to stay and admire the beauty of the ocean.

Yang POV

I was sitting in the living room flipping through channels in a vain attempt to kill some time. All of the channels were covering news on the fall of Beacon. I Turned the TV off. Just then, I heard the door open, hearing Dad's voice.

Tai: I'm home.

Yang: Hey dad.

Tai: Guess what came in today?

Yang: What?

Tai: I can't wait for you to try this!

I looked down to the arm that I had lost, and then to the lightsaber that I still had clipped to my belt. The memories began to flood back one by one.

Flashback

Weiss and I were still looking for survivors. We looked in broken down building after broken down building. We helped as many people as we could find, slaying grimm along the way. As we entered an alley, we could see a man in a black hoodie kneeling down. I called out to him.

Yang: Sir, are you hurt?

I looked elsewhere in the alley and saw the reason that he was kneeling. In front of him lay a man... he had stabbed him to death. This filled me with ungodly amounts of rage. Weiss saw this too and we ignited our lightsabers. The man let out a soft chuckle, slowly standing up. As he stood, I realised that the hoodie wasn't a hoodie at all, it was a cloak... black as night. The man turned around to reveal his eyes, glowing a sickly orange. We were taken aback, was this the Sith that (Y/N) had talked about? Those who used the dark side and let it corrupt them? The thing that he feared Blake would become? I hoped that my eyes deceived me, or that this was just some psycho, but what happened next threw all of those hopes out the window.

???: Ah... the Jedi of Remnant. I've heard about you, noble warriors helping the people of Beacon evacuate to Vale... Well let's see if your all that you were made out to be.

He drew a lightsaber from his cloak, igniting it to reveal a blood red blade. I turned to Weiss for a split second. I saw the emotion on her face. It was pure and utter terror! I got into a defensive stance and got ready to fight. Weiss did the same. The Sith then charged us with incredible speed, I blocked his attack and went to counter. He blocked my attack just as easily as I had blocked his. Weiss then went for an attack, but he blocked it with... a second lightsaber... just as red as the first. We sent slash after slash, the Sith had effortlessly dodged or blocked each and every one of them. His motions were so fluid, that you could practically say that he was dancing. He then looked at me with a smirk and charged at me, I put up my lightsaber to block it, but he quickly used his other one to slash at my wrist. I felt a searing pain as I fell to the ground. I then passed out from the shock of it all.