Meeting the General

(Y/N) POV

As we sat in the ship taking us to Atlas, we were all silent with various emotions. The only sounds that could be heard came from the distant chatter from elsewhere on the ship, the muffled roaring of the engines, and the sound of Nora fruitlessly gnawing at her chains. The first one to speak up was Ruby.

Ruby: Where do you think they're taking us?

Qrow: I'm gonna go with jail.

Sariel: I still can't believe that fishing pole guy took us out like it was nothing.

(Y/N): Oh, that was nothing. What's got me is that Ironwood has the audacity to commission production of some knockoff lightsabers, and then the fishing pole guy proceeded to beat me with said not-saber.

Weiss: Welcome to Atlas. Those were Ironwood's Ace Operatives.

Just then, a guy who was being transported with us spoke up.

Man: You guys had a run in with the Ace-Ops? Ironwood must really have a bone to pick with him.

Weiss: They're not that big of a deal.

Man: Not that big of a deal? The Ace-Ops are the elite-of-elite military huntsmen. And Ironwood's personal attack dogs.

Nora: So they got you too, huh?

Man: Pfft! I wouldn't let myself get caught by them.

(Y/N): Easier said than done.

Man: I'm here cause I've been speaking out against Atlas' exploitation of Mantle. And General Ironwood is trying to silence me!

Pilot: You threw a brick at her ship.

Man: It's worth it if it gets people talking about our cause!

Blake: Our cause?

Man: Yes, the fight for better conditions in Mantle! Lead by the charismatic, talented, lovely, Robyn Hill and her happy huntresses! They were all top Atlas Academy graduates who could've signed up for the military. But Robyn and the huntresses chose to stay in Mantle. She's gunning for a seat on the kingdom's council, and when she gets it, she's gonna put an end to Ironwood's tyranny!

Sariel: Heh... oh, Robyn...

Oscar: Happy Huntresses?

Yang: Is that their real name?

Weiss: Don't you think tyranny's a little dramatic?

Man: Easy to say for a Schnee heiress living comfortably up in Atlas.

Weiss sighed.

Weiss: Not anymore.

Just then, the ship rose above the clouds, revealing Atlas in all its glory.

Ruby: Woah... it's gorgeous up here.

(Y/N): Way to look on the bright side, I guess.

Weiss: Don't let that fool you...

Man: This isn't the Police Station...

Qrow: It's... Atlas Academy...

The ship landed and a pair of soldiers opened the back hatch. We stepped out, still handcuffed, and looked at the massive central tower.

Ruby: I guess we will be seeing the general. For better or worse.

Small Timeskip

As the elevator continued to ascend, Ren spoke up.