Conquering the Past and Facing the Present

I was broken out of my fearful trance by the sound of a lightsaber igniting and the room being bathed in a crimson light. I turned around and saw the figure before me. I recognized the figure from the visions Darth Bane had given me. This was Darth Vader, the final fate of the so called chosen one, Anakin Skywalker.

	Darth Vader: They had said that a Jedi wielding a violet lightsaber was able to evade capture, from that I was certain that it was the padawan of master Windu

(Y/N): You caused this. You caused everything to turn for the worse. We put our trust in you, and you spit it back in our faces. I'll kill you!

Darth Vader: Try as much as you wish. Your destruction is imminent.

I ignited my lightsaber, bathing my half of the room in a violet light. I slowly inched forward, preparing for whatever kind of strike he would send at me. I got closer and closer to Vader, but he still did not move. I realized that he was waiting for me to make the first move. I then did something that was, in hindsight, rather reckless. I made the first move, just as he wanted. I tried striking him multiple times, but he effortlessly blocked all of these. As we clashed blades, he began moving forward, forcing me to back up.

Darth Vader: There is no escape for you. You are unable to best me in lightsaber combat.

An idea then popped into my head. He was right, I couldn't beat him as a Jedi, but luckily, I was also trained as a Huntsman. I deignited my lightsaber, causing Vader to stop his advance.

Darth Vader: Accepting defeat?

(Y/N): No... I will not accept defeat... not to you.

I felt my sides and found that I still had my hatchets. I smirked and quickly unclipped one from my belt. I ignited my lightsaber and locked our blades.

Darth Vader: It is pointless to resist.

(Y/N): That may be true, Anakin, but I've learned from some friends that sometimes there doesn't need to be a point to what you do.

I then threw my hatchet right at Vader's chest. The hatchet embedded itself into the panel of lights and buttons on his chest, causing it to spark and malfunction. His breaths began to wheeze and he lost his focus on me in order to get the hatchet out of his armor. I then used this opportunity to swing my lightsaber straight at his neck. The red lightsaber deignited as I heard a light clang on the floor, followed soon after by a much louder one. I breathed heavily and deignited my lightsaber, causing the room to go completely dark. As my panting began to subside, I heard Darth Bane's voice echo through the corridor.

Darth Bane: Congratulations, Mr. (L/N). You have conquered the past.

(Y/N): Good... Now may I move on to the present?

Darth Bane: Strange... any normal person would wish to rest before moving on. You truly are interesting... If you insist, we shall move on.

The room then changed and I was in the streets of Mantle. There were several Grimm roaming the streets. Strangely enough, they were not Grimm that one would see in Mantle. They consisted of Beowulves and Ursai. Nonetheless, I ignited my lightsaber and charged at the Grimm. Compared to Darth Vader, Grimm were small fry. The first Beowulf tried to slash at me with it's claws, but I slid under it, using my lightsaber to cut it's underbelly. I stood up again, just in time to decapitate an oncoming Beowulf. I then made my way behind an Ursa, jumping on its back and stabbing it several times with my lightsaber. The now dead Ursa fell onto its stomach and I jumped off it and then used the Force to throw two beowulves into each other at high speeds, killing them both. I deignited my lightsaber and looked around, seeing that there was no Grimm left to fight. I sighed and was about to move along when I heard a familiar voice behind me.

Blake: (Y/N)?

I turned around and saw Blake with her eyes closed, standing a few meters behind me.

(Y/N): Blake? What are you doing here, it's not safe. Something is coming and you need to get out of here.

I began to approach her, but something was off. It was something about her face that I couldn't put my finger on. Maybe it was the fact that she had yet to open her eyes.

(Y/N): Blake, did you not hear me? It isn't safe here, you gotta go!

Blake: Always the one to bark out orders... not even thinking to care about what the others might think.

(Y/N): Blake, what are you talking about? Of course I care about what you guys think.

Blake: Don't lie to me, (Y/N). I think I've had enough of people's secrets right about now.

(Y/N): What does that even me-

I stopped talking when I saw her open her eyes. Her irises were orange and filled with hate. I stepped back a few steps and gripped my lightsaber tightly.

Blake: You could have stopped this, (Y/N). I just want you to know that before I kill you. This all could have been prevented.

She then grabbed her own lightsaber and ignited it. Instead of purple, her blade was a menacing red. I ignited my own lightsaber and she then charged at me.

(A/N): So this chapter was shorter than normal, but I just couldn't think of a better place to end it off. As you could probably tell, the next two chapters will be called "Conquering the Present and Facing the Future" and "Conquering the Future" respectively. After that, we'll be back on track with our normal Volume 7 storyline. I feel like I'm on a roll with this story and I'm really enjoying writing this part, so expect the next chapter to come in a day or two.