The Note

Sariel POV

Just as I expected, she can't control her anger. All I need to do is keep my cool and wait to exploit an opening in her stance. I pushed her away and we stood facing each-other with our lightsabers at the ready.

Yang: Take... it... back!

Sariel: I spoke the truth and nothing more.

She went for another strike. I was ready to block again. Before she got to me though, Ruby had dashed between us and blocked Yang's strike with her yellow blade.

Yang: Ruby?

Ruby: That's enough! Both of you! I'm not going to stand here while my sister and friend fight it out! You two need to get a hold of yourselves.

Yang: Ruby... please get out of my way...

Ruby: ...

Yang: Ruby... Step aside!

Ruby: No...

Qrow: I think I've seen enough as well. You two need to get a grip!

Qrow's sudden stern tone caught me by surprise.

Sariel: This doesn't concern you, Qrow!

Qrow: No, I think it does. You're over here trying to pick a fight with my niece. If we get caught up in something this petty and end up divided over it, we won't stand a chance against Salem.

Sariel: You know what, you're right. We should unite against a common enemy! Yang, do you want to know what Qrow suggested to us?

Yang was visibly confused.

Yang: What?

Qrow: Oh, not this again.

Yang: What did he 'suggest'?

Sariel: He suggested that we team up with a Sith! And If I'm not mistaken, it's the same one that caused that.

I pointed to her robotic arm. Her eyes went red with rage and she slowly turned to her uncle.

Yang: Is... this... true?

Qrow sighed.

Qrow: We have no way of proving that Saeris is the one that took your arm, Yang.

Sariel: We are in a world that has never even heard of the Jedi, the Sith, or even the damn Force! Who else could it be? I don't think that there is another Sith on the planet!

Ruby: I think there are.

We all turned to Ruby. She had a look of slight guilt on her face, as if she were hiding something.

Yang: Ruby?

Sariel: You best start talking.

Ruby: Yesterday... when I was checking in on Oscar... I was alone in the training room... when Darth Saeris came to me.

I stepped back in shock. I then ran up to Ruby in fear of her safety. If this Sith was singling her out, something was seriously wrong.

Sariel: He did what? Ruby, are you okay? Did he hurt you?

Ruby: Sara, nothing happened! We just talked. From what he told me, there is at least one other Sith on Remnant. Darth Saeris also told me that he doesn't hate the Jedi, only Salem...

Qrow: We already knew this, Ruby.

Ruby: But Yang clearly didn't! All I'm saying is that if a Sith took Yang's arm, we shouldn't be so quick to point the finger at Saeris.