The Next Phase

Weiss POV

I woke up in a cage... a wooden cage! My hands were tied together and I was trapped in a cage in a place I didn't know in the middle of the night. I sat up and looked around. Outside of the cage, there were two men close to a torch, watching me. One of them let out a laugh.

Man 1: Well well well, look who's awake.

Weiss: What- What's going on? Where am I?

???: You know...

A woman with short, brown hair walked out of a tent with a smug smile.

Woman: I never thought I'd see a Schnee in this camp.

The two men stood up straight.

Man 1: Vernal?

She walked towards me, holding my Rapier in one hand, and my lightsaber in the other. I stood up to meet her gaze.

Weiss stern: What do you want?

Vernal: Straight to the point, I like it. We don't normally deal in trafficking people, not really worth our time, but once we realized we had a Schnee... that changed.

Weiss: You're going to try and ransom me back to my father. Is that it?

She smirked.

Vernal: It's a shame you're a Schnee, you'd probably do quite well around here.

Weiss: I would never sink to your level.

Vernal: Just keep quiet and cooperate and you'll be back in your mansion before you know it... don't make this complicated.

Weiss: What's going to make this complicated is when my sister finds out that I didn't make it to Mistral. You know my sister, don't you? Winter Schnee? Special Operative of the Atlas Military? She's in Mistral right about now, and when she hears I'm missing, it won't take her long to find me... and you.

The two men laughed at this.

Weiss: What's so funny?

Vernal also started to laugh.

Vernal: Oh, I don't know if it's more funny or sad... but you're clearly out of the loop. You're sister... isn't in Mistral anymore. No Atlas personnel are in Mistral anymore. General Ironwood closed the borders and recalled all of his troops and tin cans. Noone is coming to rescue you.

I looked down in sadness for a moment, before getting an idea. I carefully used the force to detach my lightsaber from her belt. It was a stroke of dumb luck that Vernal didn't notice. However, I at least had a weapon. Now for the next part. I wouldn't escape just yet. Instead, I would wait until I could get a good jab at this tribe and cripple them for good.

Ruby POV

Nora: This is perfect! We used to be at a dead end, but now we can just take little cute boy Ozpin to Lionheart and have him set things straight.

Ozpin: Please don't call me that.

Qrow: Hey, we're not sure that's the best idea.

Sariel: Oh, you're the one to talk about bad ideas.

Qrow: Hey, settle down kid! I'm just trying to make sure that nobody dies!

Ruby: Both of you stop fighting! That doesn't matter right now!

Ren: But, I thought all the headmasters took their orders from you.

Ozpin: That was the intention. Four lieutenants I could trust, especially during times of reincarnation... but Qrow told me about your meeting with Leonardo. He isn't just behaving irrationally, he is disobeying specific instructions I had left him... Something's wrong. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I don't want to rule out any possibilities either. Nobody outside of this room knows that I've paired with Oscar, and I think it may be best to keep it that way.