Prelude to Darkness

Ruby POV

After things cooled down from the two extra people showing up. We all agreed that Vega and Blakblaz could come with us, at least to Argus. Everyone else was sitting near the fire to stay warm, but I was sitting at the bottom of the staircase. I got up and walked towards Qrow, who was keeping watch. He sat in a chair next to the front door. A wine bottle stood on the floor next to him.

Qrow: The storm's cleared up for now. We should be able to leave by morning.

Ruby: That's good.

Qrow: No... I don't have a good feeling about this place... especially with me around.

Ruby: Are you... okay?

Qrow: Heh, sure. Tell everyone to get some sleep. I'll wake you guys just before sunrise.

I walked back into the living room as he began to drink from the bottle. Just then, Blakblaz entered through the front door.

Blakblaz: Master Rose, I have finished a sweep of the outer perimeter. No sign of a Grimm or Human presence.

Ruby: You know you didn't have to do that.

Blakblaz: But I should, I don't know what I would make of myself if something happened to any of you.

Ruby: Well, in that case, I order you to get some rest.

He sighed.

Blakblaz: If that's what you think is best.

The two of us then walked into the living room. Maria sat in a chair reading a book.

Oscar: It's a diary?

Maria: The head of this household, Bartleby. Apparently he and several other families founded this little settlement to try and live on their own. It sounds like it worked, at least for a spell.

Oscar: Grimm?

Maria: Just one of many hardships. Slowed down their farming, made everything harder. It's a shame really. He seemed like quite the ambitious fellow. Always thinking of new schemes to overcome the odds.

Ruby: Hey guys. Qrow said we should get some sleep. We're going to head out early tomorrow.

Blake: Thank goodness.

Maria: Last thing you'll catch me doing is letting some kid tell me what to do. "Go to bed." Pfft.

She went and sat on the other side of the room and continued reading. I shrugged and got ready for bed.

Blake POV

Nightmare

The smoke continued to billow from the burning buildings around us. My grip tightened around my lightsaber as my legs began to tremble. In front of me stood Adam and Saeris. They both had their lightsabers at the ready and on their faces was an expression showing murderous intent. The two of them charged at me. I blocked Adam's strike, but Saeris jumped over me and kicked me in the back, sending me to the ground. I looked up at the two, they both were ready to kill me, but were stopped by a voice from behind them. My heart dropped as I saw the figure come into view.

Salem: Leave it, boys. I will deal with her myself.

The two of them knelt before her.

Saeris: Of course, your grace.

Salem walked towards me, her hands began to glow with a purple flame-like magic. She then held her hand in front of her, releasing the purple energy right towards me. My entire body was engulfed in a purple flame and all I could do was scream.

Salem: She made her choice.

I woke up screaming. I was laying on the floor, immediately shooting up. I looked around and saw there wasn't anyone around. I then hear footsteps running towards me from another room. I looked towards the doorway and saw (Y/N) standing in the doorway looking at me.

(Y/N): Are you okay?

Blake: Yeah... I'm okay... I just had a nightmare.

(Y/N): It's okay, I had one too.

He then turned to leave, but I stopped him before he could walk away.

Blake: (Y/N).

(Y/N): Yeah?

Blake: Can you stay with me?

(Y/N): Yeah... okay...

He then walked up to me and layed next to me. I rested my head on his chest and he laid his hand on my head, gently rubbing the top of my head with his thumb.

(Y/N): It's okay.

I woke up again. I felt next to me and realized it was just a dream. I looked around and saw everyone else sleeping around me. I sighed and went back to sleep.

Meanwhile in Argus

(Y/N) POV

I was walking down the street at night in an attempt to clear my head. Everything that had happened as of late had been a lot to handle, so I needed some time to process it. I listened to the people that remained awake going about their nightly business, the cars occasionally driving by. Suddenly, I got an off feeling. As if someone was about to do something at or around me. I turned around and saw a man in a red hoodie and black pants charge at me. He went for a punch, but I dodged it and kicked him to the ground. He looked back up to me with a look of anger on his face.

(Y/N): What the hell?

Hooded man: He told you he'd be back. You don't got much time left, kid.

He then got up and pulled a switchblade out of his pocket. I grabbed my hatchets and got into a defensive stance. He went to stab me in the gut, but I dodged again and slashed at his back with one of my hatchets. His aura was able to deflect the damage and he turned around and charged at me again. I then put one of my hatchets to my side again and used the Force to snatch the knife from his hand. He grew confused and went to punch me. I blocked him and punched him in the face, knocking him out cold. I took a few deep breaths and looked around me.

(Y/N) in head: Something's going on here, and whatever it is, it's not good. 

(A/N): Okay, that's another chapter released. I have a good idea for how I want the story to go for the time being, so I won't be pulling things out of my ass at the last minute (unlike the early chapters). Anyways, apologies for the shorter chapter, I just couldn't think of a better spot to end it than here. Until next time, I'll be seeing you beautiful bastards later!