Cooperating With Darkness

3rd. Person POV

The crashed airship was left a smoking mess. Nearby, Weiss lay weak, but alive. Just then, a pair of footsteps was heard approaching her. She looked up to see two men standing over her. They looked menacing and very clearly not too friendly.

Weiss: Help... please...

Man 1: What do you think?

Then, a woman with long, black hair and red eyes approached.

Woman: I think... we just hit the jackpot.

Weiss' eyes widened. She tried to reach for her lightsaber, but before she could the woman sent a kick to her face. The kick knocked Weiss out cold.

Meanwhile on Menagerie

(Y/N) POV

Ghira paced back and forth in the center of the room, reading a sheet of paper. Sun sat on the floor, Kali was in a chair, and Blake and I were leaned up against the wall. We were all silent as Ghira contemplated what to do next. Then, we heard him let out a deep breath and put a hand to his forehead. Kali then got up and put a hand on his shoulder.

Kali: Are you ready?

Ghira: Yes... It won't be easy for the people to hear... but the truth often isn't. I know they'll do the right thing.

Blake then stood beside her father, resting a hand on his back in a reassuring fashion. Just then he was surprised by Sun putting a hand on his other shoulder.

Sun: You got this.

(Y/N): Indeed... If they are to listen to anyone, it would be you.

Ghira then opened the front door, revealing a crowd of people and a podium waiting for him. He stepped outside, ready to give his speech. Kali and Blake were close behind, Sun was a bit further behind. I had elected to stand at the doorway. People wouldn't take too kindly to a suspicious human mucking up this moment.

Ghira: Thank you all for assembling here. I wanted to take time to address some of the rumors that have been circulating around our island. I believe it is important for the people of this territory to understand the truth. No matter how you feel about the human race, I think we can all agree that the event now known as the Fall of Beacon was a tragedy... a tragedy that will set both Man and Faunus kind back... While the main aggressor is still unknown, we do have official confirmation that Adam Taurus, the leader of a powerful splinter group working inside the White Fang, was partially responsible for these attacks. His actions not only tarnished the reputation of an organization originally created to bring peace and equality to all, but to our entire race. With each day that this man remains unpunished, it becomes increasingly difficult to condemn those that look down upon us.

The crowd murmured amongst themselves.

Ghira: Recently, a spy from the same splinter group set their sights on this very home. My own daughter Blake and her friends did their very best to apprehend this individual... While they were unsuccessful, after being physically assaulted and seriously injured. One of the injuries could very well have been fatal. However, they were successful in obtaining the assailant's scroll.

Ghira held up the scroll that we captured days prior.

Ghira: With this, we are able to ascertain that Adam Taurus has plans to overthrow the current leader of the White Fang, Sienna Khan, and take over the reins himself! His radical plans do not stop there. The documents on this scroll claim his next target to be Haven Academy and it's attached CCT tower! Their plan is to strike on the last full moon before the beginning of the Fall Semester. Roughly two months from today. I have sent my swiftest messenger to the government of Mistral, but I believe we have a greater responsibility. My relationship with the White Fang has been... an interesting one... Years ago, I lead the organization to help try and create a world where I, and every Faunus who wished, could walk alongside the human race... and while I believe we made great strides toward this goal, it was made clear to me that the people both in and out of the White Fang wanted faster results. So I stepped down, and Sienna Khan was appointed as my successor. It's true that I do not fully condone many of her methods. What I do condone is what Sienna fights for. The idea that the Faunus and Humans are, and should be, equal. Adam Taurus does not seem to have that goal in mind. What he has done benefits nobody but himself. I think it's time that the Faunus showed the world that we are equals. Time that we snuff out this splinter group, and restore the White Fang to what it once was!