its always been you

————//————//————//————//————//————//————//————//————//————//

You go into Nat's room and slump down on her bed. At the time she was working at her desk doing some paperwork. You didn't mind though because you just needed to be with her. You found that she calms you down.

She turns around and looks at you with cocked eyebrows and you just sigh. "Them again?" She asks already kind of knowing the answer. You huff "yep" popping the "p" "but now guess what?" Still looking at you she says "go on..." coming to sit next to you. "He's now blowing off our plans to hang around with her" you just sigh and put your head on her shoulder.

She sighs with you and begins to run her fingers through your hair. It has always helped to calm you down. "You want some advice?" She said breaking the silence. You looked up at her and nodded slightly. "Just leave them to it and don't make it look like it's bothering you it will piss him off" you chuckle and then begin to think.

She stands up and heads back to doing paperwork. "What if I just call it off?" You said eventually. She spun around in almost disbelief at what you just said you knew you had to elaborate "i mean we haven't had a date in 3 months he's always with Wanda and I'm just sick of it now I can't keep letting this go on." She looked disappointed but not at you at Steve for making you feel like this.

He promised Natasha when you two got together that he will keep you happy and clearly he broke it. She just smiled sadly and said "do what you feels right" You smiled back before dozing off to sleep.

You woke up like an hour later and she was still working. Groaning she turned back at you with a smirk. "Look who's awake" you get up and look over her shoulder at what she's doing.

"That looks boring I don't know how you do it Nat" she simply smiled and got back to writing and you said "well ... wish me luck" she looked at you confused. "Steve?..." you said like it's the most obvious thing. " oh yeah let me know how it goes." You wink and leave.

You walk into yours and Steve's room to find him sitting on the edge of the bed. "Y/N I can explain...." you simply look at him emotionless and say "I know I hope she makes you happy" with that he hugs you and you hug him back. "I don't know how it happened"

"Steve it's fine I'm okay" you weren't even though you were going to do this you were never ready for it, it just had to be done. He gives you a sad smile and walks out. You get all of your things (mostly clothes, perfumes, toiletries,jewellery, shoes n stuff like that). You already had a room in the compound so you just put them back in there. You didn't bother to put them back in their place.

You hadn't been in that room for a good couple of months and it felt weird like you had gone back to a child hood room, you needed to redecorate. This was not who you was. You look around the room in awe before walking out and running to Natasha's room. You were still sad, but you'd be lying if you said that you didn't see this coming anytime soon. Despite it being 1am she was still awake.

She wasn't doing anything she was just lying awake, she was in fact  waiting for you to come and tell her how it went. She shot up the moment she heard you knock and walked to the door. Slowly, she opened it. Immediately she could see the sadness in your eyes telling her that you had done it. "Hey, how'd it go?" She asked soothingly.

"Well... he beat me to it." You said sarcastically but truthful. And she knew it. You put your arms out for a hug and she pulled you into one almost instantly.
You pulled away and in unison your gaze met hers. Without thinking, you leaned in and kissed her. She quickly pulled away. She looked at you in a confused manor.You began to panic "I- I'm sorry ... I" she cut you off by kissing you back and wrapping her hands around your neck. You hands slowly snake around her hips pulling her closer.

Time skip:)

"i like this" she says quietly next you drawing on your stomach,making you smile. "Me too" you cuddle her close and she looks up at you "i love you Y/N" she says; her eyes glittering. "I love you too Natalia" you lean in to kiss her. Cupping her cheeks gently.