The new recruit pt.2

Natasha didn't train this morning because she got a word from Dr.Cho wishing to speak with her claiming its urgent and has to come at once. "What is it, have you got a lead?" she asked urgently. "yes, and you wont have to look far, I have matched her mother's DNA but I cannot find her father's on any records" she said worriedly. "well who's her mother?" Natasha asked. "you... your her mother" she said shocked. "what...." Natasha whispered.
——————————————————————————————————————————
Natasha didn't know what to do, it's not like she could go up to you and say 'surprise I'm your mother' and besides you'd probably hate her for leaving you all those years ago. Letting them take you, not coming back for you. "I don't know what to say.... are you sure?" She asked a little bit taken back. "Positive all your DNA matches hers you are her mother" Cho said calmly. "Right okay.... we'll um thank you and can you please not tell anyone about this, please" she merely whispered. Cho nodded and Nat walked out.

Over the last few days, your nightmares progressed worse and you didn't know what to do, they were never this bad, or you could always handle them, but it felt weird. Unexplainable. Somehow. Natasha on the other hand was on edge. She wanted more than anything to tell you and weirdly pull you into her embrace. You hadn't gotten off on the best foot with Natasha but that was only because she was rubbed in your face in the red room but when you met her she wasn't all bad. But over the past few days she was always trying to talk to you, help you with little things. But you always felt like something was there between you (no not in that way). You often caught her looking at you, protectively?

"Okay what is it?" You said finally making her jump a little. You were all sat down eating dinner and Natasha didn't take her eyes off you. "What .. what?" She said quickly. "You've been acting weird what's going on?" You said a little bit harshly. "Can this wait?" She mumbled. You scowled at her and walked away from the table to your room. You sat at your bed looking out of the window. You needed to be outside right now. You wrapped up, it was dark and cold. You made your way outside and climbed up 'your' tree and perched on the branch admiring the view of life before you. You felt all your worries run out of you through the tree to be nurtured by the soil. You pulled out your book and began reading until it came too dark and you put it away. It must've been hours you've been outside, you heard the hooting of the owls, the chirping of the crickets, rustling of the bushes as the cold wind started to pick up felling like it was burning your cheeks. You eventually see it as time to go back in. You felt relaxed, that was all you needed.

You made it to your room, lit candles, opened your window to let in the cool nights breeze, and decided to take a quick shower, dress in comfy clothes and watch a movie. It was nights like this that you wished lasted forever, feeling at ease, relaxed and peaceful. You felt your eyelids becoming heavy so you blow out the candle, close the window, and out a timer on your tv so it will turn off, you were bound to fall asleep in a matter of minutes anyways. You head to the bathroom to wash your face and brush your teeth and when you came back in, Natasha's sitting on your bed looking nervous. "Now really? It couldn't have waited till tomorrow..." you whined. She smiled weakly and motioned for you to get back in bed. Which you gladly obliged. You slump down and get ready to hear what she's been bottling up for these last few days. Not thinking about what the answers could actually be.

"Okay um... do you remember anything about your past? Other than what you've told me..." she said. You were confused as to where this was coming from. "Other than the beatings... no not really, we were forced to forget anything that can be deemed as a hint of humanity." You mumble getting a little awkward. "Well what about parents?.." she whispered. "Where is this coming from?" You said getting a bit angry, why would she like to know?

"Because I was just wandering. I don't remember either." She mumbled. Liar. "No you wasn't. Stop lying." You scolded. "Why!" You nearly shout. You don't like taking about your past. "Because I'm your mother." She said calmly. "What." You said shocked. "No your not." You state not believing her. "What ." You say again. "It's true, when we first fought early that morning, when you called me my name. I went to see if there was any information on you but there wasn't much so I had Dr. Cho do some tests to trace anything back to you and she was absolutely certain you're mine" she said seriously. "Why now?" You whisper. "Why didn't you remember?" You whimper.   You could see it in her eyes that she looked guilty. "I don't know, they must've done something to me that affected my memory something. You don't know how badly I feel about this, please let me take care of you. please." She cried. You didn't answer her, you were looking at her, trying to see if she was telling the truth. "Come with me." You said bluntly. You got your coat, shoes and book, and walked out, Natasha next to you. "What are we doing?" She asked. "Can you climb?" You ask ignoring her question. "Yeah.." she said curiously. "Good, follow me." You say walking into the forest area to 'your' tree.

You finally made it to your branch and perch on, wiggling up to the trunk to make room for Natasha. "Why are we here?" She asked softly. "It calms me." You simply state. "Right." She says. You were looking out into the dark night looking at the little villages, some lights on, some lights not, most of the town asleep other than the odd houses, pubs. The trees danced in the light breeze. You sigh and look at Natasha, she looked sorrowful. "I thought you might need it." You say truthfully. She lightly smiled still looking into the distance. You lean back and get out your book. "Isn't it too dark to read?" She asked sarcastically. You grin at her and place your hand on the tree brach and absorb the water and scattering it across the area in which you two are situated. You close your eyes and concentrate and the water starts to glow, little specks of blue and white dance around the night sky. She gasped and looked at you in awe. You start to read though you could still feel her eyes on you. You look at her through your book and smile kindly.

Over the past few days you two had got along well, though you didn't really answer her question of letting her take care of you, though it seemed like you were already answering it. You both hadn't told the team but they saw you getting closer, they presumed it was like a bond that Tony and Peter shared. They didn't know it was a real mother daughter bond. You two now always went out to your tree and talked about anything, she would help you with your powers, watch films together, read books, cook meals for the team together. But you hadn't called her 'mom' yet and you hadn't said 'I love you' though that seemed a bit too soon. Though you did see her as a mom even though you only met her a month ago, she had told you everything bout her and swore to protect you. She made you feel loved, something you had never felt. You did love her but you didn't say it.
——— two weeks later ———
"Everyone suit up, we have a mission." Fury announced...

An
Here we areeeee idk if I like this but.... oh well. Thank you for 23k ilyall
Requests are always welcome
Stay safe everyone and love yourself 🤍🤍