unexpected love

Idea/ prompt by @jadereri25 this was cute thank you. :)

you've always loved working with the avengers, well... most of them, you got along with nearly everyone, everyone other than Natasha Romanoff. Don't get me wrong she was a total badass and could kill someone with single look, yet, so could you. And that's what she hated about you, you were just as good as her and she resented you for it so she did the only thing she thought to do, do better. For instance, you and her would spar together for hours on end not being able to pin one or the other down and it angered the pair of you and always resulted in one of you storming off. You would both be good at shooting, not missing the target once, you were also, equally as fast at reloading your guns. it was like the survival of the fittest, either one of you not giving up to better the other but you couldn't and neither should she.

It was no secret that you hated each other, the others wold be confused as to why because they thought that you would be a good team and could teach each other but no. So they demised a plan to try and get the two of you to get along. Tony called a meeting and you both made it sitting as far away as possible. He rolled his eyes at the behaviour and proceeded to talk. "And Y/N and Natasha you two are going out on a stakeout to gather intel on HYDRAS new little game, you will be out there for at least two weeks so you know learn to tolerate each other for God's sake. You'll be leaving at 8am tomorrow" you roll your eyes and Natasha huffs and walks away. You gather the mission debrief and take it to your room to study. You get to your room and pack everything you need, two weeks months with her you thought in your head then groaned. Once you finished you jumped on your bed and began to study the area your staying, like cameras, alleys to make an escape if necessary, you studied the blue prints of the building, the sewage, all accesses to the building around you.

You eventually figured you have looked at your task (which was to find a deeply hidden hydra base at a shopping mall) and the neighbour hood around it, so you figured to put everything away and get some sleep for the mission you were dreading.

You woke up nice and early and decided to go for a jog to try get out any anger you might have since you were about to have a hell of a lot more over these two weeks.

You got home and get a shower, went to stock the quinjet, put your bags away an dog over the debrief one more time before you saw everyone off. You got there before Natasha had so you could stock it with out any annoyance but you figured she might want something through the 4 hour flight, you went to her room and knocked on the door. She looked stunned to see you there "hi um I was just wandering if you wanted anything for the quinjet because I'm stocking it in a minute" you said awkwardly. She lightly smiled "mango and limewater please" she said softly and shut the door again. You nodded and got the things, you went for raspberries and lemon-slices and just water. You bid your farewells and get on the jet and waited for Natasha. Off you went.

You was about 30 minutes into the flight and it had already become awkward so you decide to read a book, you brought ALOT go books given this is going to be a long two weeks. You sigh and start to read the great Gatsby (I love it hehe). Over some time you grew bored of reading so you decide to play with your hair and practice cute little hair styles to pass the time.

After a long, awkward, excruciating 4 hours, the quinjet dropped the two of you off before you had the chance to run back on to and leave Natasha. You looked around knowing immediately where you were due to the research you has done last night. You look around and sigh before walking to your apartment. She looked at you confused but you motioned for her to follow you and she did. "you um you know your way around here?" she asked "hmmm no I just studied the neighbourhood last night just in case so I know roughly where were going" you reply nonchalantly. She nodded and the silence continued.