Not scared

You were the new avenger.
You walked in with Tony slightly nervous to see what their reaction to you would be. "Everyone, this is Y/N our new team member, be nice" he teased.
"Hi everyone." You whisper. They all stood up to observe you. All but one, Natasha Romanoff. You weren't massively phased.
Surprisingly, everyone was very welcoming and kind. You were all gathered around the kitchen area, when Natasha stood up and made her way over to you. You didn't move, your face didn't falter. "Hi" she said in her hard tone. You smiled nicely "hi it's nice to meet you." You say. She was studying you, you could tell. You weren't scared of her -in a nice way- you knew what she had been through, you came from there too. So you let her, you found a year or two before you joined that what they were feeding you were lies and you were a different person who they made you to be. You were still slightly cold but you were also kind and found that love doesn't make you weak it makes you stronger. She just needed someone to love.
She seemed slightly intimidated that you weren't unnerved by her but let it slide. "I'm Natasha" she said bluntly. "It's nice to finally meet you" you say. She smiled slightly and you returned it. She walked away and you went to talk with the rest of them and they all looked shocked and somewhat scared. "What?" You ask carefully.
"You made her smile, and you aren't scared of her. Why?" Tony asked. You just shrugged. "She's not scary" you reply. "She needs to find her someone." You continue. They seemed to understand, little bit. What you hadn't known was she was still listening and it made her heart warm a bit that you weren't scared of her. Most people were always nervous around her and it made her sad a little, she wasn't the same person she was back then but her tough exterior still remained.
You were sat in your room reading a book you heard a light knock at your door, pulling you from your imagination. You told them to come in and you found Natasha stood in the door way. You patted next to you on your bed and she closed the door and came to sit with you. "Are you okay?" You ask her. She nodded and turned to face you.
"Why didn't you react to me before?" She asked.
You face faltered slightly a little shocked being that the first thing she says. "I can see that you are a lot more than just a hard face and I know what it's like coming from there..." you shrugged. She gasps a little. "You were there too?" she asked softly. You nodded. "But I learned that whatever they taught you, they were wrong, feeling things don't make you weak, feeling things make you stronger. It just shows you that when you love, you'd do anything for that person." You said. "Have you? ... ever been in love?" She asked. "No but I've seen it and I think it's beautiful. I used to live in an apartment complex and there was an elderly couple living next to me and their love was amazing, they would always help each other, go out to bingo every Thursday. They would invite me for tea and would bicker in front of me and complain about each other to my face but overall it was incredible." You say reminiscing the old couple smiling at the thought. "Sounds amazing" she said softly. You looked at her and met her eyes. "Yea it does" you whisper.
You can feel yourself leaning in and see her doing the same. Before you know it, you lips are pressed on hers. They're soft and plump. Her hands cup your face and brings you closer whilst your hands trail to hold the back of her neck.
You both pull away trying to bring air into your lungs before smiling at each other. "Wanna watch a movie" you say breaking the awkward silence. She nods and you turn on the tv.
After contemplating on what to watch you finally settle on titanic given she hadn't watched it and you were offended. She cuddled up to your side making you smile. Maybe you had found love, and maybe she found her someone.

An
thank you all for 36k reads. You are all the best. Remember to be kind to yourself and remember everything happens for a reason. I love you all and I'm always here if ANYONE needs to talk. Just message me on Instagram I'll leave in my bio.
I'm always open to requests
Stay safe everyone and love yourself 🤍🤍