you surprise her on tour

Dragging your suitcase behind you, you walked down the long hallway as fast as your feet would carry you. Your hand was shaking from the excitement you were feeling, so much so that the key to your girlfriend's hotel room almost slid out of your fingertips.

It's been two months since you've last seen through anything but the tiny screen of your phone or your laptop when she had the time in her busy schedule to facetime or skype you.

But those calls aren't as frequent as they used to be since she's got so much going on and the loneliness and sadness you feel being so far apart from her and missing her so terribly were too much for you to bear any longer, so you booked the earliest flight possible just to see her again.

It's early in the morning, only a little after seven am. You managed to get a little rest on the plane and felt sleepy when you first got off. But now you're wide awake and antsy, the sleepiness you once felt long gone.

You looked at every room number you passed by until you reached the end of the hall and stood in front of her door. You took a deep breath, trying to steady your racing heart.

You've been waiting for this day, hoping it'd come around sooner or later, and it finally has. You're only seconds away from seeing her face and being back in her arms again, making you feel happier now than you have since the day she left.

You put the key in the door and watched the green light flash before you opened it. The curtains were drawn and the room was dark, but she was in there. You could tell by the soft sounds she let out as she moved from one side to the other as she slept soundly. Your heart skipped a beat as everything started to sink in.

You dragged your suitcase through the door and put your bags down on the floor before closing the door behind you. You took your shoes off and padded over to the bed. You instantly curled up behind her, moving as close to her as you possibly could, before you carefully wrapped your arms around her.

Burying your face in her neck, you breathed in the lingering smell of her body wash and relaxed in the comfort and warmth of her embrace. For a minute, it was heaven and you wanted to relish in every minute of these moments with her.

But the feeling of someone's arms around her made her jump awake. She was reaching for the switch on the lamp and turned it on before rolling over to see who was beside her.

"Hello." You smiled at her as her tired eyes locked with yours. She furrowed her eyebrows before shaking her head.

"I'm dreaming again." She mumbled to herself and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. But the sudden brush of your hand on hers, the warmth and comfort of your touch, made it real. She pulled her hands away and stared at you in awe. "You're really here?"

"I'm here."

She threw her arms around you and buried her face in the crook of your neck. Your smell filled her lungs and brought her an indescribable comfort she's been missing for months, since the day she had to go. It wasn't a dream.

You really were right there.

"You didn't tell me you were coming when we talked yesterday."

"I didn't know it at the time. But I've missed you so much and I couldn't take it any longer. So I came to surprise you!"

Her eyes lit up and you watched that beautiful smile of hers tug at her lips.

"Surprise."

She giggled before pulling you in for a kiss. It was soft and sweet, so loving, as you both soaked it in. It was long overdue and the feeling of her lips moving so perfectly against your own made your heart swell with love in your chest.

"You don't even know how much I've missed you."

"I do." You whispered as you brushed a lock of hair behind her ear. "Because I've missed you just the same. I love you. I'm so happy to be here with you again."

"I love you, y/n." She said as she tucked her face in your neck. "Thank you for coming to see me. This is the best day."

A moment of comfortable silence went by, spent with her leaving soft little kisses along your neck and your heart beating steadily against her chest.

"It's my day off today so we can spend the day together!" She spoke excitedly but frowned when she saw the sleepy look in your eyes. "After you get some sleep."

"But-"

"No but's." She said, finger falling to your lips to silence your protests. "We're together again and we have the whole day to spend together after we both get some rest. C'mon, lay down. We both know that we've got some good sleep ahead, now that we're together again."

You knew that was true. As you laid back in her arms and she laid kisses to your forehead, whispering in your ear how much she loves you and how much she's missed you, all of your worries and sorrows disappeared. Everything felt right again and you couldn't be happier.