first ultrasound (requested)

"How do you feel?" Ariana asked you as she helped you lie back onto the bed in the doctor's office room. It's been a rough morning so far.

You're nine weeks along now and your morning sickness is still awful. That, along with how tired you always seem to be, has made you dread mornings even more than you used to.

Even though you still don't feel great, you're getting really excited about seeing the baby for the first time today! Ariana was over the moon about it, so excited she could hardly sit still in the chair in the waiting room for the entire twenty minutes you had to wait till you got called back.

"A little better than I did before we got here."

She smiled when you said that.

"But I'm so excited, Ari. I can't wait much longer!"

She brushed the tip of her nose against yours then kissed your temple lovingly. "You and me both, baby!"

You heard a knock on the door before it opened. "Hello Y/n and Ariana! Nice to see you both. I'm sorry it took me a few minutes, I bet you're both getting antsy about seeing your little one for the first time today."

You both nodded and he just laughed as he made his way to you. "Well, I won't make you wait any longer!" He said and had you lift your shirt before he squirted some of the gel onto your stomach and then started to move the wand along your stomach.

The image was fuzzy for a moment. You reached your hand out and Ariana happily held it in her own. You both waited impatiently, your anticipation growing and growing.

And then, finally, you saw it.

"Oh... that's them?" Ariana wondered as she stared at what looked like a little pea on the screen.

"Yeah. Congrats. That's your baby."

You gasped in awe. It was so small. So delicate and fragile. But it was already precious and you already loved them more than words could ever say.

"I would say that you have a january baby on your hands, here." The doctor said, making your excitement grow even more. "And they look absolutely perfect! Right on track so far."

Ariana let a breath of rleief go. Her excitement was uncontainable, but deep down she's always been a little worried that something might not be right. She was overjoyed to be wrong about that.

"Would you like to hear their heartbeat?"

Ariana gasped when she heard that. She didn't even let you answer, not that you would ever pass that up.

"Yes!"

The doctor chuckled and just a couple of seconds later you heard it. It brought tears to your eyes. It was beautiful. It was steady. It was perfect.

"Want some pictures?"

"Yes, please! As many as you can get us." You said.

"Okay. I'll give you guys a moment while I go get those pictures printed. Congrats on your little baby."

Ariana let her head fall to your shoulder, lips brushing delicately against your skin as you both stared ahead at the little pea on the screen. "We're really gonna be parents. This is really happening,
y/n!"

"I can't wait. I love you, Ariana."

She held onto you, never wanting this moment to end.

"I love you too. Both of you."