she gets sick in the middle of the night (requested)

"Y/N? Y/N, wake up," You heard Ariana groan as she shook your shoulder.

You opened your eyes looked at the clock on the wall. A groan fell from your lips upon seeing that it was only a few minutes after three in the morning.

"Ari? Baby, what is it?" You asked as you yawned and sat up against the pillows.

"I'm sick."

Those two words made your heart pound with worry. Suddenly, you were much more awake now.

You reached for the lamp and pulled at the switch. The room lit up a little after you turned it on and you were met with a heartbreaking sight of Ariana whimpering as sweat rolled down her forehead and she clutched her aching stomach.

"What's wrong, baby?"

"I'm going to throw up. And my stomach hurts terribly. I'm hot one minute and then cold the next. I feel awful, y/n." She whimpered and you put your hand on her forehead, finding that she was feverish.

You pulled away a few seconds later though as she let out a groan of discomfort. You put your hand on her shoulder and comfortingly brushed your hand along it, hoping she'd find some comfort and relief in it.

She covered her mouth as it began to water. You both knew she was going to be sick in just a matter of seconds. So you reached for the empty garbage can beside you and put it down on the bed, just in time for her to get sick into it.

You held her hair back for her and soothed her by whispering comforting words in her ear. She gagged a few times, the disgusting taste that lingered on her tongue only made her stomach turn again every time she thought she might be finished.

It was torturous and she hated every single second of it, wishing that it'd all just stop.

And finally, a long few minutes later, it did.

She pulled away and closed her eyes as she tried to get some air into her lungs.

"It's okay, Ari. You'll be alright." You promised as you moved the garbage can on the floor to focus on her.

She looked at you with sad eyes and her lip wobbled as if she was going to start crying.

"Ariana? What is it? What's wrong?"

"I'm so embarrassed. I couldn't even make it to the bathroom. And I feel so bad for waking you."

"Don't." You whispered. "It's okay. I'm happy you woke me because I get to take care of you now. And don't be embarrassed. We all throw up every now and then. I understand."

She nodded and leaned her head against your shoulder.

"Do you want to take a bath?"

"Can we take a shower together instead?" She asked, her voice quiet.

"Sure. Why don't you stay here while I get everything together?"

She nodded and pulled away from you. She put her head on the pillow and focused on taking a few deep breaths as you got everything together.

You grabbed some clean clothes for the both of you and started up the water, making sure it was warm enough without being too hot, and then went back into the bedroom.

You cleaned the garbage can and washed your hands before getting Ariana.

You kept your arm wrapped around her waist to help her into the bathroom. You helped her undress and then did the same before helping her under the water.

You put your arms around her and let her lean right against you as she relaxed.

"Do you feel any better?"

"Yeah. Thank you."

"No need to thank me. I just want you to feel better." You said as you kissed her wet hair. "I love you. I'd do anything for you."

"I love you too." She mumbled.

You washed her hair for her and then her body before you washed your hair and body too.

You stayed under the water for a few more minutes before it began to get cold.

"Okay, my love. Let's go to bed."

She nodded and you turned the water off before getting out with her.

You dried her off and helped her change into some of her pajamas and one of her coziest shirts before you did the same for yourself.

"Want to brush your teeth?"

"I can't. I'm too sleepy."

"Okay, baby. That's alright. Let's go to bed." You whispered softly and turned off the light before helping Ariana back into bed.

You laid her down and tucked her in with a kiss on her head.

"I love you, sweet girl. I hope you feel better soon."

"I love you too and I will. I already do a little, because you've been taking such great care of me tonight."

"Good." You smiled and laid down next to her. "Get some sleep. Hopefully you'll feel better when you wake up."

"I hope so." She mumbled and curled up to you. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, baby. Sleep tight."