koala hugs to get your attention

"Y/N!" Ariana called out for you as she excitedly walked through the door. The day was long but oh so worthwhile because she'd finally finished the song she's been working on just for you, and she was over the moon just thinking about sharing it with you today.

She kicked her shoes off and looked around for you, but her smile faltered slightly when she noticed that you weren't anywhere to be found.

"Y/N? Where are you?" She wondered and stood still. The silence in the air was thick and she felt a little anxious as the thought of you maybe not being home hit her. She was so excited to share this song with you, she didn't think she could wait even another minute!

But, thankfully, she really didn't have to. Because she heard the sound of your laugh coming from upstairs. She excitedly rushed up the stairs, going as fast as she could, and she practically ran down the long hallway until she stood in the doorway of your shared bedroom.

She stood still for a moment, just to take a moment to admire how simply beautiful you look. With your messy hair pulled back and your favorite hoodie of hers that you steal a lot, today being no exception. She watched you smile as you stared at your phone, watching as it tugged at your lips again and again and basking in the sound of your giggle.

"My love? I'm home." She said as she strode over to you, heart beating rapidly in her chest as her excitement continued to grow and grow.

But you didn't seem to notice that she was home. With your ears plugged with your earbuds and your phone having captivated your attention for quite a while, nothing else seemed to exist.

Ariana let out a sigh as she crawled into bed. She scooted closer and closer to you until she was right beside you. So close that she could finally touch you like she's been wanting to do from the moment she left this bed just hours prior.

"Baby?" She whispered and watched your eyes light up once more, but only before your smile reappeared but only because of whatever you were watching.

"Don't make me tickle you..." She muttered, smirking to herself at the thought. But, honestly, her heart craved for something different. The thought of holding you in her arms was the one thing that seemed to make her heart swell with love.

So, she cleared her throat and gave you one last chance.

"Y/N," she said and when you didn't say a word or even look her way, she just shrugged her shoulders and nodded. "Alright. You leave me no choice."

Suddenly, she was pulling your phone from your hand and falling on top of you. Legs going around your hips, she buried her face in the crook of your neck and listened to you squeal as she blew raspberries against your skin.

"Ari!"

She tickled your sides playfully before pulling her fingers away and humming as she laid soft little kisses against your neck.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm giving you a koala hug. You wouldn't even look my way, even though I sat beside you for a good five minutes and called your name several times." She teased and tickled you once more, loving the sound of your laugh as it filled her ears and the happiness that filled her heart just from seeing you so happy.

"I wrote you something special. I just finished it today. Wanna hear it?"

You gasped excitedly and nodded your head quickly.

"Give me a kiss first." She grinned and closed her eyes when your lips hit hers, relishing in the passion and love that flowed from it.

She could hardly wait to show you all that she's been up to lately, but she could wait a couple more minutes to soak in a few more kisses.