hickey prank (requested)

You heard the front door close behind Ariana as she walked inside. You heard her call out your name from downstairs, so you quickly called back out for her to tell her that you were upstairs in the bedroom.

You heard the sound of hurried footsteps on the stairs afterward and you cracked a smile just thinking about how excited she was to see you, but it faded just a few seconds later as she got closer to the bedroom.

Just a few seconds later, she walked into the bedroom and was rushing to your side to bring you into her arms for a much-needed hug.

"I missed you today." She mumbled as she buried her face in your neck.

"I missed you too, Ari." You said and began to rub her back softly. "How was your day? I know you've been working hard lately. Get a lot done?"

She opened her eyes and pulled away from your neck, but her gaze rested on your soft skin for what she intended to be just a second or two. She frowned, the words on the tip of her tongue fading when she saw what looked to be a hickey on your skin.

"What's that?" She mumbled, more to herself than to you, but you heard the words fall from her lips.

You also heard the gasp that followed when she realized that it was a hickey.

She gazed up at you, staring at you with a look of disbelief and disappointment. You frowned, trying to pretend to be clueless over what she seemed so shocked about.

"What is it?"

"Playing innocent now?" She asked and sat down beside you, arms folded over her chest as she clenched her jaw. "Don't pretend you don't know. I saw the hickey on your neck, y/n!"

You jumped as she raised her voice at you; something she never does unless she's rooms away or messing with you. She was upset and understandably so.

"Who was it? Who was in our house? Who left those marks on your neck?"

The words fell from her lips in a rush. But she couldn't help it. She was upset.

"Ari," you tried to say, wanting to tell her the truth now so she wouldn't get even more upset. But she interrupted you.

"No! I don't want to hear any excuses or explanations you might have. Just tell me! Tell me who it was and how long this has been happening? I know for a fact that wasn't there when I left this morning, so who gave it to you?"

"Okay, I'll tell you." You sighed and stared into her eyes that were filled with a look of hurt. "It's a prank."

She furrowed her eyebrows before she watched you wipe the mark on your neck, causing the makeup to smear against your skin. She went wide-eyed and her lips parted as she gazed at you in disbelief once again.

"Why?" She asked.

"I'm sorry."

She sighed and playfully hit you with the pillow.

"That was mean!"

"I know." You laughed. "I'm sorry, baby. Really, I am. Forgive me? Please?"

She knew she couldn't stay mad at you. Although she'd been upset before, she also felt so scared over the thought of possibly losing you. Now she felt relief flooding over her.

"You're forgiven." She said and cracked a smile when you leaned over to kiss her cheek. "No more pranks though. Okay? You scared me."

"Okay. That's fair. Again, I'm so sorry."

"Don't worry about it." She said and pulled you into her arms for a big hug. "Just hug me for a while and don't let go."

"I won't ever let go, Ari. I love you." You whispered and kissed her shoulder softly, happy that everything was okay between you again.