you should be happy that I'm happy (requested)

Ariana took your phone from your hands as you continued to cry as you scrolled through social media.

She wasn't sure what exactly was bringing you down.

But sadly, she wasn't surprised.

Your relationship came out yesterday and she knew there were bound to be jealous and hateful people that would bash you and bring you down.

But she was crushed to find that it was so much worse than she could've ever imagined.

The names they were calling you were some of the most awful and cruelest she'd ever heard. The edits they made of you, the things they saw as flaws that they pointed out about you were atrocious.

Her breath hitched and there was a lump in her throat. Those words didn't just hurt you but hurt her too. Seeing you so heartbroken caused her to feel the same way.

She was astounded. These people claim they love her and only ever want her to be happy. They only want the best for her. They'd always be there to support her.

But she felt like they were just lying.

Because now, she's never felt happier in her life, and they're anything but kind and supportive.

"I can't believe this. Baby, I'm so sorry." She whispered as she pulled you into her arms, letting you cry into her shirt.

"It's okay. I've got you. I'm going to make it better." She promised.

"How?" You whispered.

She bit her lip, thinking about all the plans she has in the near future to be surrounded by fans and bring them happiness as they've always brought her.

But now she feels differently.

And although the idea in her head might be a little extreme to some, she figured it would get the message through to the fans who claim they adore her endlessly.

She pulled away from the hug and grabbed her phone.

"Give me a couple of minutes. Okay? I'll be right back, I promise."

You nodded and sniffled as she left the room.

She returned a few minutes later and sat down, typing out a long tweet.

"What are you doing?" You questioned as you scooted closer to her.

"Telling the fans that I canceled the tour."

You went wide eyed.

She's set to leave in just a few weeks. She's been so excited.

But before you even had the chance to protest, she hit send and the tweet went public.

"Why would you do that?"

"Because I love you." She said as she put her hand on yours. "We've been together for six months. You make me happy. I need the world to understand that."

You put your head on her shoulder and read the short and simple tweets she put out.

Seeing that so many of you are attacking my girlfriend online, I've decided to cancel the tour.

As much as I love you guys, I deserve to be happy and you should be happy that I'm happy. I love y/n and no amount of hatred from you will change that. It's only going to make me love her more.

I hoped you'd support us and I'm disappointed that you don't. I hope you'll learn to respect the things and people that are important to me.

You sniffled as she kissed your head.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too." You whispered back to her.

"They'll learn to respect us and support us. If they don't, they can find someone else to listen to and support. I'm happier than ever and I'm not letting them take that away from me."

You closed your eyes and basked in her sweet kisses on your head.

You hoped, with time, they'd start to support your relationship with Ariana.

But if not, you'd be okay.

Because you've got Ariana by your side and you know, with her, you'll always be safe and sound.