sunsets

She covered your eyes and guided you with each step you took to make sure you wouldn't get hurt.

Before this, you were both sitting on the couch, trying to think of fun things you could do. It was almost time for the sun to set and Ariana knew the perfect place that would hold a view that, in her eyes, was almost as beautiful as you.

"Can I look yet?" You whined impatiently. But she couldn't get mad about it; you've been walking for a few miles and she's been covering your eyes the entire time so the surprise couldn't get ruined. "Almost, baby, almost. Trust me, it's gonna be worth the wait when you see it."

With a few more steps, she uncovered your eyes. "Okay. We're here, my love."

You gasped at the sight.

You were at the very top of a mountain and the sight was one to behold; you could see the light pink sky and you were in awe over the beauty it held. "Well? What do you think? Should we watch the sunset together?"

You went up to her and placed your hands on her shoulders before leaning in for a kiss. "Absolutely! Gosh, Ariana, I'm speechless. No one has ever taken me to see a sunset before. It's so romantic and so... beautiful."

You sat on the ground and Ariana took her place next to you. "I'm happy we get to watch it together, then. And, for what it's worth - I think you're even more beautiful than this sunset."

Your cheeks turned red and you playfully tapped her arm. "Stop it!" You laughed.

"Okay, okay. But I'm just being honest." You scoffed but laid your head on her shoulder with a bright smile.

A sigh of contentment fell from your lips as her arm wrapped around you. "It's so surreal... being at one with the world like this. It's so quiet and calm. Thank you for bringing me here tonight. Can we please do this more often?"

Ariana nodded. "Absolutely. Anytime that you want. But no worries, because we still have time to enjoy it. We have all the time in the world, so take it all in."

You didn't plan on leaving anytime soon, but she already knew deep down that you'd be right back here again tomorrow, in the same spot at the same time as tonight.

But she could only smile at the thought because if she watches the sunset each and every night, she's happy it gets to be with you.

She wouldn't want these moments with anyone else.