she cries herself to sleep in your arms (requested)

You could see it in her eyes as soon as Ariana entered your shared bedroom; something just wasn't right.

You immediately dropped everything you'd been doing to give her all of your attention.

"Baby, is everything alright?"

She looked over at you on the bed before wordlessly shaking her head.

"What's the matter, my love? Come here." You said as you opened your warm arms for her.

She happily crawled into them and curled up to you as  you held her close.

The warmth of your embrace and the sense of security that came along with it was enough to make all of the emotions that she's been bottling up spill out.

The tears filled her eyes and soon, they started to fall as you gave her kisses on her head and held her tight.

You realized quickly that she was crying and it shattered your heart.

"It's okay, baby." You said as you brushed your fingers across her arm. "Let it all out, it's alright."

She started to cry a little harder as she became overwhelmed by your love as well as her emotions.

She's been under so much stress lately and she sees the things that people say about her.

She's tried to be strong and stay focused on her work and on you, but the things that are overwhelming her and the things that people say have crept under her skin.

She felt safe enough in your arms to finally let everything out and once the tears started to fall, they just didn't stop.

"Shh, baby," You comfortingly spoke as you pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I'm here for you."

"I'm sorry." She cried. "I just can't stop."

"Don't be sorry, baby. It's okay. I don't want you to keep it to yourself or bottle everything up. I want you to let it all out, okay? I'm not here to judge you, I'm here to love you. Nothing less."

She sniffled as more tears continued to fall from her eyes.

"I love you so much. I'm always going to be here for you." You spoke as you continued to comfort her. "Do you want to talk about it? About anything?"

She shook her head.

"No. I just want to stay like this with you."

"Okay, my love. We'll stay just like this for however long you want." You promised, lovingly kissed her head a few times.

You continued to comfort her the best you could by whispering soft words of love to her and giving her comforting caresses.

Her cries started to slow down and you figured she was starting to calm down but, still, you didn't stop.

She eventually went quiet after a few minutes, so you decided to check up on her again.

"Are you okay, Ari?"

But all you got in return was silence.

You stared down at her and realized that she had fallen asleep.

And that's when it hit you... she had cried herself to sleep in your arms.

It was crushing but, sadly, not unexpected because of everything she's been dealing with lately when it comes to pressure to release new music and words from strangers on the internet that  cut deep at times.

You just hope she knows how much you love and care about her and that you're never going anywhere, no matter what.

The stresses, the pressure, the words people say about you or her, and how overwhelmed she can be at times could never be enough to make you walk away.

You love her far too much for that and you hope that she always remembers that.

"Have sweet dreams, baby. I love you lots." You said as you put your head on hers, promising that even as she sleeps, you still won't let her go.