slow dancing

"I guess our day at the beach is ruined." You muttered to Ariana as you both looked out the window as the rain poured down. You heard a crash of thunder follow and watched as the wind blew hard, causing the rain to hit the window a little harder.

Ariana blew out a heavy breath from beside you. A few words were on the tip of her tongue but they got caught there when suddenly, the lights flickered off. She cursed upon realizing the power had just gone out. "Hang on, stay here." She mumbled as she left the room, returning just a few minutes later with a few candles and a match in her hands.

The room finally lit up a little when the candles were lit. Ariana sat back down next to you and set her chin on her palm. "So? What should we do? It's too stormy to go out and now we have no power."

You checked the battery on your phone as an idea came to your head. You saw it was almost fully charged. "I have an idea." You went to your music library and turned on your song. Ariana was about to ask what you had planned when she heard the first few notes of 'I can't help falling in love with you' begin to play over the speakers.

Neither of you said a word. You just stood up and held your hand out for her to take. "Dance with me?"

Ariana's smile and eyes were bright as she wrapped her fingers around yours. "Happily, baby girl." She wrapped her arms around you, holding onto you as you swayed slowly in the living room. Your face was buried in the crook of her neck. You pressed a few kisses to her neck, enjoying the warmth of her skin.

"Maybe the power going out today wasn't such a bad thing after all." She whispered softly, cutting through the silence in the air. Your laugh vibrated against her skin and she couldn't help the soft sigh that fell from her lips upon feeling it.

You tilted your head up and just gazed up at her. Her eyes were closed but you could see the smile tugging at her lips. "Staring at me?"

"Yep." You muttered unashamedly. "Can you blame me? You're beautiful, and you look happy. I love to see it."

Her eyes fluttered open and her forehead fell to yours. Butterflies went through your stomach as her gaze locked with yours. "You make me happy." She whispered and leaned in to give you a kiss.

And as your fingers moved up and down her back and your lips moved in a passionate, fiery kiss, that was, of course, when the power kicked back on. You jumped when the room lit up again.

You thought she'd pull away. She thought you'd do the same. So you were both standing there, staring at each other as you waited for the next move.

You put your arms around her neck and simply buried your face back in her neck. "I wanna continue slow dancing with you." Your words were slightly muffled against her skin, but she heard you loud and clear. She pulled away for only a split second but only to turn the lights back off before she rushed back to you and moved back into your previous position.

"I really love you." She laid a kiss to your head and felt you smile against her skin.

"Love you more, Ariana."

It was quiet again, only the song continuing to play on repeat again and again, and the rain against the roof, until Ariana started to speak again, but only to say one thing;

"That's impossible."