swarmed by paparazzi

"That was such a good dinner, Ari. Thanks for taking me out." You kissed her cheek, watching the red tint color her skin when you pulled back.

She's been quite busy lately but she finally had a night to take you out, which you were both thrilled about.

"You're welcome, baby. There'll be many more days like this soon, I promise." You laid your head on her shoulder, about to tell her that you understood that she's busy when you heard the commotion heading your way.

Ariana huffed and rolled her eyes. She knew exactly what it was and so did you. You've been through this one too many times.

Paparazzi; they follow you everywhere you go and you hate it. You hate the bright lights, the invasive and absurd comments and questions they have the audacity to throw at you and Ariana, and the anxiety they cause you.

Just a few seconds later and they approached you. The bright lights began to flash and your hand started to shake in Ariana's. "It's alright, I'm here. Just try to block it out. Keep your head down and let their words go in one ear and out the other."

That was easier said than done because right after she said that, they started spewing out really absurd questions. "Can't you just leave us alone?!" Ariana yelled out as she focused on getting you both to the car safely.

It didn't take long before they started to get too close for comfort. One man in particular seemed most concerned with capturing photos of you. "Y/n! Over here!" He yelled as he stepped in front of you and Ariana. You panicked when the camera was right in front of your face, and of course, Ariana was mad.

"Hey! Get away from her!" She yelled out as she wrapped her arms around you securely. They all started to get too close, crowding around you making it hard to focus on anything else but them, even though you desperately tried to.

Finally, just a few long and excruciating minutes later, the car finally came into view. "The car is right over there, baby. It's just another minute or two away." You let out a shaky breath and stayed in her arms until you had no other choice to let go so you could get to your side of the car.

You climbed inside and threw your head back against the seat with a long sigh. The stress and anxiety of the situation settled heavy on your shoulders and the only relief you felt was when Ariana finally drove you both away from the situation.

She pulled over a few blocks later when she knew you were both safe and sound.

"Baby? You alright? You're not hurt or anything?" You shook your head as she examined your face and hands concerningly. "I'm alright. I just got a little scared. I hate when they crowd around us."

Ariana nodded as she laid her forehead against yours, a little relieved now that she knew you were okay. "Can we go home? Please?" You wondered, gazing into her worried eyes. She planted a lingering kiss to your forehead and nodded. "Of course we can, baby."

Before she started to drive you took her hand and gave it a kiss. "Thanks for always keeping me safe and sane in those situations."

"You're welcome, baby. I'll always keep you safe, no matter what."