she defends you when fans talk badly about you (requested)

Ariana held onto your hand tightly as you stepped out of the building where her latest interview had taken place. You were met with the loud and excited screams from her fans as soon as you stepped outside.

Ariana, being protective of you, is always nervous you'll get overwhelmed easily. Her only plan was to get to the van that would lead you to the next place for her next interview.

But you knew she still had a lot of time to kill and seeing the crowd of fans who have waited patiently to see her seemed like the perfect way to spend the time.

"Ari," she hummed in acknowledgment, turning her face to stare over at you. "Go see your fans! They love you and they've waited patiently for who knows how long for just a chance to see or talk to you."

Her smile was undeniably bright and she let go of your hand to run to her fans. Just as excited as they were, she went to mingle with them right away. There was a small gate up to her waist to keep the fans contained, but she leaned over to hug them and talk to them happily.

She was in the middle of a conversation with one of them, occasionally glancing over at you to make sure you were okay. She sent you a heartwarming smile and then looked back at the fan in front of her.

But something caught her attention. A voice coming from a girl a few feet away from her, talking to her friend thinking there was no chance she'd be heard over the excited fans nearby. But Ariana heard, and you were the topic of the terrible conversation.

"I can't stand y/n! Why is she even here?" The girl scoffed and when Ariana looked her way to find the dirtiest look on her face as the girl and her friend stared over at you. "Look at her. Talking to fans, laughing that annoying laugh. People treat her like she's little miss perfect when she's not even that pretty." The girl said, rolling her eyes. "Even her presence annoys me! She's just so,"

"Hey!" Ariana interrupted, voice a little louder than usual from the frustration she felt. She walked to the girls, gazing at them in disbelief.

They had shirts with her face on them, clearly huge fans. But how could they call themselves fans when they were talking so cruelly about the girl she loves so much?

"Do you want to finish that sentence? Wanna say it to my face?"

The girls gave each other a look before staring down at their hands that rested on the gate.

"You shouldn't be talking about my girlfriend, or anyone, like that. I don't care if you don't like my girlfriend, I don't need your approval. I'm a grown woman and I will make my own choices. But you've got no right to stand here and talk about my girlfriend like that. She's perfect to me and she did nothing to you. She's here to support me. Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed and she's my calm amidst the chaos. She's everything to me. If you can't respect her, stop calling yourselves fans of mine."

You stood from a distance, watching it all play out. You bit the inside of your cheek, wanting to crawl out of your own skin knowing how many eyes were on you.

Ariana walked to you and took your hand, quickly leading you to the van. The door slid shut and you let out a shaky breath. She placed her hand over yours, sending you a sad smile.

"Are you okay?"

"Ari, you shouldn't have done that."

"I needed to. It's not okay for them to talk about you like that!" She spoke, jaw clenching and unclenching with a heavy sigh. "I love you. It hurts me to think about you hurting, especially if it's because of someone's words. If I can put a stop to that, I will. I'd rather lose fans than lose you, because if they can't respect you and see how much I love you, then they didn't love me all that much in the first place. You're my one and only, I wanna be with you forever, they just need to get over themselves and get used to it. Because I'm not letting you go."

Your eyes looked soft and loving as she looked at you. You dropped your head to her shoulder and she squeezed you tightly as she hugged you close.

"I love you."

"I love you too." She said, kissing your head lingeringly. "No matter what anyone says, you're perfect to me."