embarrassed (requested)

You rubbed Ariana's back soothingly as she squeezed her eyes shut tightly and tried to take some deep breaths in hopes that the intense sick feeling would go away.

You weren't sure what you could do to help but you're willing to do anything at this point as your heart is only continuing to ache as she continues to feel terrible.

You looked at the clock and saw that it was almost five am.

You've only been awake for about ten minutes now.

Ariana woke you, telling you that her stomach was aching and she wasn't feeling well.

She was curious as to if she was running a fever, which she was.

And since then, you've been wide awake, feeling helpless as she continues to moan and groan in misery.

"Baby? Do you need anything?"

She shrugged her shoulders wordlessly.

"Do you want some water?"

"Okay." She mumbled before swallowing thickly.

"I'll be right back, I promise." You said before you kissed her warm forehead and left the room to go and get her some cold water.

Only a few seconds after you left the room, her mouth began to water. She covered her mouth with her tattooed hand, knowing that she was going to be sick in just a few seconds.

She tried to get out of bed so she could rush to the bathroom and get sick in there. But when she moved, her left foot got caught in the blankets and she tripped.

When she fell to the floor, her foot came free from the blanket. But she couldn't get up in time to get into the bathroom and instead when her stomach turned a couple of seconds later, she got sick onto the floor.

The sound of her vomiting made you rush into the bedroom again.

You quickly placed the glass on her nightstand before you knelt on the floor beside her and held her hair back as she emptied her stomach for a few more seconds.

She took in a shaky breath when she finished and after waiting a few more seconds to see if her stomach would turn again, she stood up on shaky legs and wiped her lips.

"Are you okay, Ari?" You asked as you stood up with her.

Instinctively, you followed her into the bathroom and kept your hand on the small of her back for comfort.

She was oddly quiet but you didn't think much of it, thinking she was just a little shaken up.

"I'm fine." She spoke a few seconds later after getting into the bathroom, where she washed her hands and then rinsed out her mouth.

"What can I do?"

"Nothing." She said.

You frowned at that.

Surely there had to be something you could do to help her feel better. Anything.

"Are you sure? Do you need some medicine? Or some soup? How about a cool cloth on your forehead to help you cool down a little? Or a heating pad for your stomach?"

She turned the water off and closed her eyes, taking a few deep breaths.

"Do you feel sick again?"

"A little." She replied with a quiet and shaky voice.

"Okay. Let me help you back to bed."

"Baby, I'm okay." She said and lifted her head to look into your eyes.

"You don't feel well! Please let me take care of you." You pleaded and watched her hang her head afterward. "Ari?"

"I'm sorry for getting sick on the floor. I tried to make it into the bathroom but my foot got caught in the blanket."

"It happens. It's okay." You softly spoke as you rubbed her back.

"I'm just so embarrassed." She confessed.

"Is that why you don't want me to help? You're embarrassed?"

She looked at you once more and nodded her head as her eyes filled with sadness.

"Oh, Ariana, baby. You throwing up on the bedroom floor is not a big deal. You're sick, it happens."

"I know." She sighed before putting her forehead on your shoulder. "I just feel so awful."

"Well, don't. You have no reason to be embarrassed about what happened. It happens to everyone. Everything's okay, I promise."

She nodded and lifted her head to look at you again.

"Can you please let me take care of you?"

You felt her forehead and felt that she was still quite feverish. But as you moved your hands to rest on her cheeks, she closed her eyes and breathed out a sigh of relief over your touch.

"Okay."

"Good. Why don't you brush your teeth and then I'll get you some medicine for your fever? I'll clean everything up."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive, my love." You assured and kissed her forehead lingeringly.

"I love you." She sighed contentedly.

"I love you too. Everything will be okay. You'll feel better in no time." You promised and she cracked a smile at you, knowing that with you here to help care for her, she'll be just fine in no time.