kissing you to sleep (requested)

Ariana let out a heavy breath as she felt herself finally drifting off to sleep.

It's around two am and she's spent the last couple of hours tossing and turning beside you as she struggled to fall asleep.

But she feels as though she's now on her way to drifting off into a peaceful slumber and good dreams.

Her breathing became a little slower and steadier as she slowly fell asleep.

But just then, she heard a gasp fall from your lips before you sat up against the pillows, and her eyes flew open at the sound.

"What happened? What's the matter?" She sleepily mumbled and rubbed her tired eyes for a few seconds before she reached over to turn on the lamp.

Looking at you, she saw your teary eyes and heard you breathing heavily as a few beads of sweat rolled down your skin.

"Are you okay, baby?"

"I had a bad dream." You spoke with a shaky voice. "It was horrible, Ari,"

"Shh," She whispered as she pulled you into her arms. "It's alright. It was just a nightmare. You don't need to be scared, you're safe."

She slowly laid you onto your back before tucking a lock of hair behind your ear as you let out one more shaky breath before nodding.

"I'm sorry I woke you up."

"It's alright." She whispered.

"It was just so awful and I was so scared. It felt so real."

She leaned in to give you a soft peck on your lips and she noticed how you relaxed at the feeling.

"There we go." She quietly spoke. "Just relax. Forget all about the dream you had because even if it felt real, it wasn't. You're safe and sound right here with me."

"And you're safe too." You replied and she nodded with a little smile before kissing you again.

You closed your eyes and realized just how exhausted you still felt.

You hadn't even glanced at the time but you saw that it was still dark when your eyes were open so you know it can't be time to get out of bed just yet.

Ariana pulled away from your lips to brush her fingers along your cheek.

She hoped that her touch would be soothing enough to help you drift back off.

That, along with her kisses.

"Thank you." You said, a small sleepy smile tugging at your lips.

Ariana couldn't help but smile when she saw it nonetheless because she knew that meant that she'd helped ease your worries and helped you relax despite having such a terrible dream just moments ago.

"Feel better, baby?"

"Yeah." You quietly answered and Ariana knew you were falling asleep. "I wouldn't mind a few more kisses though."

She shook her head with a smile before leaning in to give you a few more loving kisses.

Her lips were soft and you wanted to melt into them and spend the night kissing her instead.

But you were too sleepy to do that and instead, just let her kiss you to sleep.

Her sweet kisses turned into soft pecks before she just kissed the corners of your lips.

And when you just let out soft, steady breaths in response to her sweet affection, she knew you had finally fallen back asleep.

She giggled quietly before kissing your forehead lingeringly.

"There we go, my love. Sleep tight and have some good, happy dreams now. I love you so much." She whispered before laying back down beside you.

She turned the lamp off and closed her tired eyes before she finally fell asleep, relieved to know that she'd been there for you through that and that you were sound asleep again, getting some good rest as you deserve.